Can't see landscape.jpg's
Hi all,

Thought I'd start a thread for a problem I have with Aeon Nox 2.0 and 3.0 beta.

The problem: when I select LANDSCAPE as viewtype for my TV Shows, all series have a blank/default landscape picture. Which is strange, because if I'm not mistaken, the viewtype should use landscape.jpg located in the TV Series folder.

I have my Series stored on a NAS like this:
/TV/30 Rock/landscape.jpg

I believe this has been mentioned sometimes before in other threads, but I can't find a solution :-)

Anyone has any ideas/tips? Thanks!
Check the Debug Log.
It will tell you what is happening and why images aren't showing.
Probably a file access issue on the server
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-05-13, 16:05)Martijn Wrote: Check the debug log.
It will tell you what is happening and why images aren't showing.
Probably a file access issue on the server
Thanks. Tried it just now, found several messages like this one:

16:23:32 T:140375813506816 DEBUG: GetImageHash - unable to stat url smb://192.168.1.3//TV/30 Rock/landscape.jpg

I'm going to investigate the user/rights on the NAS, but I'm not sure how/where to look Smile
On a side note: when I start Aeon MQ3, choose Landscape as a viewtype, and then manually browse/select the landscape.jpg, the jpg shows up. It seems as if the problem is with the Nox skin automatically show the jpg...

So far, every user/right setting on the NAS seems correct, I'm lost Wink
(2012-05-13, 16:56)mikkelnl Wrote: On a side note: when I start Aeon MQ3, choose Landscape as a viewtype, and then manually browse/select the landscape.jpg, the jpg shows up. It seems as if the problem is with the Nox skin automatically show the jpg...

then MQ3 does things the wrong way. not us.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-05-13, 16:59)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-13, 16:56)mikkelnl Wrote: On a side note: when I start Aeon MQ3, choose Landscape as a viewtype, and then manually browse/select the landscape.jpg, the jpg shows up. It seems as if the problem is with the Nox skin automatically show the jpg...

It was just a bit extra info Wink

Any idea why nox won't or can't show the landscape.jpg, based on the debug log file above? It shows the poster image just fine, which is stored in the exact same location...?
(2012-05-13, 17:09)mikkelnl Wrote:
(2012-05-13, 16:59)phil65 Wrote:

It was just a bit extra info Wink

Any idea why nox won't or can't show the landscape.jpg, based on the debug log file above? It shows the poster image just fine, which is stored in the exact same location...?

no, the poster image is probably the thumb used in xbmc database. you need to fix you NAS problems to get different artwork types to work.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Problem solved Smile

This might be helpfull for others so I'll explain what was wrong. It turns out that my Synology NAS did have smb enabled, but the option 'master browser' was disabled by default. With this turn on, skins are now able to 'see' extrafanart, extra thumbs etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't see landscape.jpg's0