[SOLVED] LPCM not multichannel?
I've got a receiver (Sony HT-SF2300) that's Dolby, DTS, and Linear PCM compatible (at least according to the manual). I can't seem to get the Linear PCM to work though. Neither on a Blu-Ray that has LPCM audio, nor in XBMC using multichannel FLAC. I've tried disabling Dolby and DTS in my audio output settings and testing a Dolby 5.1 file I have, and it too is only showing on my receiver as 2.0 PCM. Is there some setting in XBMC I'm missing? Could it be something else?

FWIW I'm using a "Rocketfish (rf-g1169) High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet". I don't know what spec it is, but I presume by the High Speed that it can at least handle LPCM. I found online that it supposedly does 15GBPS minimum.

The only output devices I have are "WASAPI" and "DirectSound" for both my internal laptop speakers and ATI HDMI output. Oh, and also "DirectSound: Primary Sound Driver". I've tried both WASAP and DirectSound to no avail.
Update: I've solved it after all. It was a hidden setting on my receiver that was hindering the use of LPCM. Took a lot of digging to find.
Glad you got it fixed. Thank you for posting back the solution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] LPCM not multichannel?0