• 7(current)
[RELEASED]: MCE Live TV (and MCE Netflix) XBMC Integration
Thanks Robbie. I would think that it should launch just like MediaBrowser since RecordedTV HD is just a plugin that creates a launch point in the menu. It gives you the options from within the program to remove the generic recorded tv launch point, as well as the ability to launch it when you press the recorded tv button on the mce remote.

I'll look up the registry key and cobble something together to see if I can get it working. Again, since it behaves just like MediaBrowser, I'm highly optimistic that it will work. Thanks again.
Just looked them up, and sure enough there they are =)

Thanks again Robbie. You rock.
Robbie,

mind sharing how you edited the original files? I need to change the launch point to add this for recorded tv: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Extensibility\Entry Points\{495cecbc-6648-4324-a299-85c182ab1ff0} with appid:{7285f9d6-53b5-45a8-a445-ec6621df1d51} (this is the RecordedHDTV main menu)

Also, RecordedTVHD has it's own scheduled recordings interface which is this: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Extensibility\Entry Points\{9a9f4a46-6783-4192-b69e-a0963c996e90} with appid: {7285f9d6-53b5-45a8-a445-ec6621df1d51}

I'd obviously like to modify the recorded tv and scheduled tv launch points to launch to mine.
Not sure what you mean by "edited the original files"? Are you talking about MCENetflix? If so, then there's really no needt to do that?

Just use Advanced Launcher and have it launch ehshell with the following parameters:

/nostartupanimation /entrypoint:{7285f9d6-53b5-45a8-a445-ec6621df1d51}\{9a9f4a46-6783-4192-b69e-a0963c996e90}

Or you could just create a batch file with the full command:

%windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe /nostartupanimation /entrypoint:{7285f9d6-53b5-45a8-a445-ec6621df1d51}\{9a9f4a46-6783-4192-b69e-a0963c996e90}

and launch the batch file with Advanced Launcher... that would be a lot easier and, also easier to edit and copy for additional batch files to launch.

Once you've created the Launcher, you can save it as a Favorite, and then add the Favorite to your main menu and / or assign it to your tv button.

Honestly, I'm not sure how much of this you've already done and I'm over-simplifying, or if you've never done this before and I'm talking over your head. I'm really just figuring a lot of this stuff out as I go along, so I'm very happy to share, so don't be afraid to let me know one way or the other.
Ah, gotcha. We are on the same page now. I thought what you were doing was editing the original files with your new entry points (for Netflix), so I was wondering how you were going about editing them as I was going to edit the files for "Recorded TV" and for "Schedule". Instead now, I'll just craft up some batch files with my parameters and put advanced launcher to work. Thanks again for the help.
I did edit the MCENetflix executable (using FreeHexEditor) for the following reasons:

1) Change the launch sequence for Netflix in order to prevent a "proxy" error. (shared with others)

2) Changed the launch sequence to use MCENTER.EXE, rather than EHSHELL.EXE, so that my work-around to utilize my remote's green button for XBMC, would still allow it to launch (just my copy)

As I mentioned though, I'm now back to using my own script to launch Netflix, and it's working very well,

Good luck with Advanced Launcher. Feel free to ask if you have any questions. I've found that, with so much information to sort through, it's sometimes hard to find JUST the answer you need, so, if I know something, I'll be happy to help.
I know this is an old thread but hopefully someone can help. I just got Netflix and got it running with my HTPC through WMC.

I used RobbieWilkes updated script and it works great except for a couple things.

-I had to turn off processmonitor because it seemed every time I stopped a video on Netflix, it'd boot me back to XBMC
-Also turned of key counter, not a big deal, but just pressing Exit on my remote works fine for me.

But the real problem is, I use a Logitech Harmony remote, and I have it set up to have it use the default XBMC keys. So basically P and S are Play/Pause and Stop respectively in XBMC, but the keys in Netflix are different they use Control+P and Control+Shift+S for Play and Stop respectively. I tried adding key reassignments in the config.ini file, but it was no good. What's the best way I can fix this so that I can have the same controls in both XBMC and Netflix/WMC?
I have no issues with kodi or netflix using an Harmony remote with just the regular play pause fast forward....
Does anyone still have a copy of the original archive with the autohotkey scripts? The link in the OPs post and the sendspace link are broken.

Thanks!
Hey guys, for any of you still using a windows 7 machine with WMC, this guy over here: https://sharepointadept.com/netflix-for-...ia-center/ has made a great Netflix plugin and also a Amazon prime video plugin that work very very well!!! To make things even better you can make a shortcut (.ink) using the following below and open them up using advanced launcher, together the apps function seamlessly with Kodi!

For Netflix:
C:\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe /entrypoint:{3a5efebc-cc66-4ba0-85ad-6dd7c045301b}\{b83c34f9-771a-49ed-aaa1-30b689fefffc}

For Amazon Prime:
C:\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe /entrypoint:{9547e03d-ccfc-4564-a097-856b99e42afa}\{615620d8-161b-4f48-8dd2-8354ae4da51d}

Enjoy!
(2016-12-13, 22:07)TearDrop1319 Wrote: Hey guys, for any of you still using a windows 7 machine with WMC, this guy over here: https://sharepointadept.com/netflix-for-...ia-center/ has made a great Netflix plugin and also a Amazon prime video plugin that work very very well!!! To make things even better you can make a shortcut (.ink) using the following below and open them up using advanced launcher, together the apps function seamlessly with Kodi!

For Netflix:
C:\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe /entrypoint:{3a5efebc-cc66-4ba0-85ad-6dd7c045301b}\{b83c34f9-771a-49ed-aaa1-30b689fefffc}

For Amazon Prime:
C:\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe /entrypoint:{9547e03d-ccfc-4564-a097-856b99e42afa}\{615620d8-161b-4f48-8dd2-8354ae4da51d}

Enjoy!

Thanks, but for some weird reason it's not really working for me. Netflix seems stuck at 480p and Amazon isn't working at all (no video, everything else is fine). :/
I would post on the creators site, he gets back really fast. For me, both work and are both in HD. Did you install the 12.12 version for netflix, the 12.11 had some issues apparently. Also make sure you dont have any of those windows updates installed...
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASED]: MCE Live TV (and MCE Netflix) XBMC Integration1