• 5(current)
[RELEASED]: MCE Live TV (and MCE Netflix) XBMC Integration
I used the EscToCloseMCE from the original post, which sounds like it does something similar. I don't think it's a memory issue as I have a pretty powerful machine with plenty of memory.

After I start XBMC and enter WMC (which seems to work fine), I get the following errors in my log :
21:01:40 T:4112 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
21:01:40 T:4112 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:01:40 T:4112 NOTICE: Launcher: found 5 launchers
21:01:42 T:8460 ERROR: XBMC.PlayMedia could not play media: plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?91645daa15ba7d68abe6d7badf14b621
21:01:49 T:5504 ERROR: CAESinkDirectSound::UpdateCacheStatus: GetCurrentPosition failed. Unable to determine buffer status. HRESULT = 0x88780096
21:01:49 T:5504 ERROR: CSoftAE::RunOutputStage - sink error - reinit flagged
21:01:50 T:5504 ERROR: CAESinkDirectSound::CheckPlayStatus: Failed to play the DirectSound buffer: unknown

Then after I hit ESC to exit WMC and re-enter XBMC, I am able to navigate around the menus, but when I click on a TV show or movie, it will freeze.
21:04:42 T:6028 ERROR: Previous line repeats 10 times.
21:04:42 T:6028 NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
21:04:44 T:9072 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
21:04:44 T:9072 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
21:04:44 T:5436 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
21:04:44 T:5436 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
21:04:44 T:6028 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting videodb://2/extrafanart/
21:04:44 T:84 NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
21:04:44 T:5436 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:04:44 T:6764 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
21:04:44 T:6764 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:04:48 T:6028 WARNING: XFILE::CVideoDatabaseDirectory::GetIcon - Unknown nodetype requested videodb://2/2/3/1/?tvshowid=3
21:04:48 T:6028 WARNING: XFILE::CVideoDatabaseDirectory::GetIcon - Unknown nodetype requested videodb://2/2/3/2/?tvshowid=3
21:04:48 T:6028 WARNING: XFILE::CVideoDatabaseDirectory::GetIcon - Unknown nodetype requested videodb://2/2/3/-1/?tvshowid=3
21:04:48 T:8512 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
21:04:48 T:8940 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
21:04:48 T:8940 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting videodb://2/extrafanart/
21:04:49 T:8104 NOTICE: Thread CFileCache start, auto delete: false
I have implemented the OP's setup, using just MCE LIve TV and Esc to Close. The problem I am having is when I click Live TV in XBMC, WMC launches but I get the dreaded "Video Error". But as soon as I change the channel everything is fine. Esc to close functions properly as well for me, returning me to a functional XBMC. If I watch tv through WMC or Quick TV I don't have any issues. Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this? Thanks in advance for your help.
@d3v1l d0g: I believe your TV capture card hasn't had time to initialize.

(2012-12-21, 19:54)dmccoy Wrote: Thanks for your post Zellig,

I recently purchased a HDHomerun Prime and was looking for a good way to integrate WMC TV functions into XBMC and this works great. There has been a few suggestions on how to close WMC and return to XBMC. Here is a very simply way I have found and seems to work great using an AutoHotKey script which I also use to map several other hotkeys to other commands to take me directly to XBMC, WMC, Netflix, etc.

<< snip >>

I was wondering if anyone can help me figure out how to add a Custom Menu option like in Zellig's youtube example where it shows clicking on Watch and it brings up a submenu of favorites? I am currently using Aeon Nox 3.6 and I understand how to create custom menus, but it seems to require you to set up a widget and I don't see any option to just show submenus. If I choose none for the widget then it doesn't even show up in my main menu. Thanks in advance for any help.

Try Windows Media Center Custom Configuration Wizard

(2013-02-05, 04:07)vshih813 Wrote: I used the EscToCloseMCE from the original post, which sounds like it does something similar. I don't think it's a memory issue as I have a pretty powerful machine with plenty of memory.

<< snip >>

Try my solution posted in the previous page. It may a be better way to go
(2012-12-06, 17:02)dysan911 Wrote: Z-Vap,

I followed your post last-night and it works flawlessly!. Thanks to you and the Zellig for coming up with such a great idea.

Now I do get that message box when connecting to Netflix regarding the Proxy issue. Please let me know if anyone ever figures out a way to get rid of that.

Thanks again!

is there any other alternative fix for this? z-vap post is very complicated... well at lease for me =(
kinda frustrating everytime i exit netflix i need to toggle the mouse to maximize xbmc
(2013-03-24, 00:33)iceman600 Wrote:
(2012-12-06, 17:02)dysan911 Wrote: Z-Vap,

I followed your post last-night and it works flawlessly!. Thanks to you and the Zellig for coming up with such a great idea.

Now I do get that message box when connecting to Netflix regarding the Proxy issue. Please let me know if anyone ever figures out a way to get rid of that.

Thanks again!

is there any other alternative fix for this? z-vap post is very complicated... well at lease for me =(
kinda frustrating everytime i exit netflix i need to toggle the mouse to maximize xbmc

I hear ya..it is all daunting when it's new. I am new to XBMC, and HTPC's and all this stuff...I just built an HTPC and am setting XBMC and stuff and found this topic but most of the stuff is way over my head..going to take some trial and error I think Smile

The original Post I can understand ..but Z-Vaps I don't
This is EXACTLY what I was looking for..the issue I have is when I use LiveTV, when it first start I get a video error and it tells me to restart MCE.
Changing the channel corrects it but having that pop up every time is quite annoying..any ideas?

(2012-09-10, 23:06)z-vap Wrote: Okay this is how I do it.

Install autohotkey on any pc (doesn't have to be the htpc).
Download SysInternals.
Extract pssuspend.exe. Copy it to the HTPC, and run it once, as the htpc user. This sets the SysInternals EULA.

Copy these three programs to the indicated text files, and compile them using Autohotkey:

XBMCAppHandler.ahk
Code:
;
; AutoHotkey Version: 1.x
; Language:       English
; Platform:       Win9x/NT
; Author:         Joe Christl
;
; Script Function:
;    Program Launcher for XBMC
;

#SingleInstance force
SetTitleMatchMode, 2
#WinActivateForce

pCount = %0%
Loop %pCount%
  Param%A_Index% := %A_Index%

Start:
Sleep, 100
WinHide, XBMC
Sleep, 100
RunWait, %comspec% /c "pssuspend xbmc.exe"  ,,hide
Sleep, 100

Run, %Param1% %Param2% %Param3% %Param4% %Param5% %Param6% %Param7% %Param8% %Param9% %Param10% ,, Max

;======================================================
Sleep, 5000

NeedleRegEx = i)^.*\\
FoundPos := RegExMatch(param1, NeedleRegEx, RegPID )
StringReplace, NewPID, param1, %RegPID%

Process, Exist, %NewPID%
Process, WaitClose, %NewPID%

Process, Exist, XBMC.exe
XPid = %ErrorLevel%

Sleep, 500
RunWait, %comspec% /c "pssuspend -r xbmc.exe"  ,,hide
Sleep, 100
WinShow, ahk_pid %XPid%

WinActivate, ahk_pid %XPid%

ExitApp

#IfWinActive ahk_class eHome Render Window
Esc::
Send !{F4}
return
#IfWinActive

ShowIconsTask.ahk
Code:
;
;
; Script Function:
;    Shows taskbar and icons
;

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

; show icons and taskbar
WinExist("ahk_class Progman")
Control, Show,, SysListView321
WinExist("ahk_class WorkerW")
WinShow,ahk_class Shell_TrayWnd
WinShow,Start ahk_class Button

HideIconsTask.ahk
Code:
;
;
; Script Function:
;    Hides taskbar and icons
;

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.

; hide icons and taskbar
Control, Hide,, SysListView321
WinHide,ahk_class Shell_TrayWnd
WinHide,Start ahk_class Button

Take the shortcuts from the first post, and prepend to the target the fully qualified path to where you're putting the XBMCAppHandler.exe. I recommend enclosing the first two executables inside quotes "
Ex.
Code:
StartMCELiveTV.lnk
"C:\Users\Public\Documents\XBMCAppHandler.exe" "%windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe" /nostartupanimation /homepage:VideoFullscreen.xml /PushStartPage:True

StartMCENetflix.lnk
"C:\Users\Public\Documents\XBMCAppHandler.exe" "%windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe" /url:windowsmediacenterapp:{e6f46126-f8a9-4a97-9159-b70b07890112}\{982ea9d3-915c-4713-a3c8-99a4688b7c59}?EntryPointParameters=

StartMCETRecordedTV.lnk
"C:\Users\Public\Documents\XBMCAppHandler.exe" "%windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe" /nostartupanimation /homepage:RecordedTV.BrowsePage.xml /PushStartPage:True

StartMCETScheduled Recordings.lnk
"C:\Users\Public\Documents\XBMCAppHandler.exe" "%windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe" /nostartupanimation /homepage:VideoToBeRecorded.xml /PushStartPage:True

StartMCETVGuide.lnk
"C:\Users\Public\Documents\XBMCAppHandler.exe" "%windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe" /nostartupanimation /homepage:VideoGuide.xml /PushStartPage:True

Place ShowIconTask.exe and HideIconTask.exe on the desktop. Make sure XBMCAppHandler.exe, pssuspend.exe and the links are all in the same directory.

Use AdvLauncher to add the links to xbmc. I then re-edit each launcher and go into Advanced and turn off Toggle fullscreen.

Find a cool background. I chose this one = http://www.htbackdrops.com/v2/displayima...?pid=15738

Run HideiconsTask.exe to hide your taskbar and icons. If for some reason you need to get to your icons or taskbar, simply use your mouse to right-click and toggle View > Show desktop icons once or twice. Then you can run ShowIconsTask.exe

You won't need EsctoClose.exe anymore as that functionality is now integrated.

Enjoy. Thanks to Zellig for the idea.

Extra: if you're feeling jumpy, try using this to hide your extra windows media strips. Be careful as I have only used it in testing.

I assume this fixes the issue but the post above is a little over my head.
(2012-09-10, 23:06)z-vap Wrote: Okay this is how I do it.

Install autohotkey on any pc (doesn't have to be the htpc).
Download SysInternals.
Extract pssuspend.exe. Copy it to the HTPC, and run it once, as the htpc user. This sets the SysInternals EULA.

Copy these three programs to the indicated text files, and compile them using Autohotkey:

XBMCAppHandler.ahk
Code:
;
;
; Script Function:
;    Program Launcher for XBMC
;

#SingleInstance force
SetTitleMatchMode, 2
#WinActivateForce

pCount = %0%
Loop %pCount%
  Param%A_Index% := %A_Index%

Start:
Sleep, 100
WinHide, XBMC
Sleep, 100
RunWait, %comspec% /c "pssuspend xbmc.exe"  ,,hide
Sleep, 100

Run, %Param1% %Param2% %Param3% %Param4% %Param5% %Param6% %Param7% %Param8% %Param9% %Param10% ,, Max

;======================================================
Sleep, 5000

NeedleRegEx = i)^.*\\
FoundPos := RegExMatch(param1, NeedleRegEx, RegPID )
StringReplace, NewPID, param1, %RegPID%

Process, Exist, %NewPID%
Process, WaitClose, %NewPID%

Process, Exist, XBMC.exe
XPid = %ErrorLevel%

Sleep, 500
RunWait, %comspec% /c "pssuspend -r xbmc.exe"  ,,hide
Sleep, 100
WinShow, ahk_pid %XPid%

WinActivate, ahk_pid %XPid%

ExitApp

#IfWinActive ahk_class eHome Render Window
Esc::
Send !{F4}
return
#IfWinActive

ShowIconsTask.ahk
Code:
;
;
; Script Function:
;    Shows taskbar and icons
;

; show icons and taskbar
WinShow,ahk_class Shell_TrayWnd
WinShow,Start ahk_class Button

HideIconsTask.ahk
Code:
;
;
; Script Function:
;    Hides taskbar and icons
;

; hide icons and taskbar
WinHide,ahk_class Shell_TrayWnd
WinHide,Start ahk_class Button

Take the shortcuts from the first post, and prepend to the target the fully qualified path to where you're putting the XBMCAppHandler.exe. I recommend enclosing the first two executables inside quotes "
Ex.
Code:
StartMCELiveTV.lnk
"C:\Users\Public\Documents\XBMCAppHandler.exe" "%windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe" /nostartupanimation /homepage:VideoFullscreen.xml /PushStartPage:True

StartMCENetflix.lnk
"C:\Users\Public\Documents\XBMCAppHandler.exe" "%windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe" /url:windowsmediacenterapp:{e6f46126-f8a9-4a97-9159-b70b07890112}\{982ea9d3-915c-4713-a3c8-99a4688b7c59}?EntryPointParameters=

StartMCETRecordedTV.lnk
"C:\Users\Public\Documents\XBMCAppHandler.exe" "%windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe" /nostartupanimation /homepage:RecordedTV.BrowsePage.xml /PushStartPage:True

StartMCETScheduled Recordings.lnk
"C:\Users\Public\Documents\XBMCAppHandler.exe" "%windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe" /nostartupanimation /homepage:VideoToBeRecorded.xml /PushStartPage:True

StartMCETVGuide.lnk
"C:\Users\Public\Documents\XBMCAppHandler.exe" "%windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe" /nostartupanimation /homepage:VideoGuide.xml /PushStartPage:True

Place ShowIconTask.exe and HideIconTask.exe on the desktop. Make sure XBMCAppHandler.exe, pssuspend.exe and the links are all in the same directory.

Use AdvLauncher to add the links to xbmc. I then re-edit each launcher and go into Advanced and turn off Toggle fullscreen.

Find a cool background. I chose this one = http://www.htbackdrops.com/v2/displayima...?pid=15738

Run HideiconsTask.exe to hide your taskbar and icons. If for some reason you need to get to your icons or taskbar, simply use your mouse to right-click and toggle View > Show desktop icons once or twice. Then you can run ShowIconsTask.exe

You won't need EsctoClose.exe anymore as that functionality is now integrated.

Enjoy. Thanks to Zellig for the idea.

Extra: if you're feeling jumpy, try using this to hide your extra windows media strips. Be careful as I have only used it in testing.

I finally figured this post out and got it to work, but it too creates the same errors, the Unable to display page error in netflix, and the video error in Live tv Sad
The reason I believe for the video error in Live TV (I've been searching and searching) is because of XBMC taking exclusive control of the sound device (which is necessary to use WASABI for the audio engine). When the switch to MCE Live TV occurs, I guess that WMC cannot get access quick enough to mitigate the error (it is a video error because the sound goes through HDMI).

What I did as a temporary fix (I have not had the video error come up so far today) is just disable the GUI sounds in XBMC. I haven't gotten the error since. You could also use optical/SPIDF if you want, and that may solve the problem.

What may be best is possibly a script that relinquishes control of the sound device from XBMC before launching WMC, thus mitigating the error that way, and also allowing XBMC to have exclusive access as needed when you close out of WMC. (Not sure if this is even possible)

I may or may not be wrong... but it worked well enough for me
(2013-05-20, 23:59)Mankix Wrote: The reason I believe for the video error in Live TV (I've been searching and searching) is because of XBMC taking exclusive control of the sound device (which is necessary to use WASABI for the audio engine). When the switch to MCE Live TV occurs, I guess that WMC cannot get access quick enough to mitigate the error (it is a video error because the sound goes through HDMI).

What I did as a temporary fix (I have not had the video error come up so far today) is just disable the GUI sounds in XBMC. I haven't gotten the error since. You could also use optical/SPIDF if you want, and that may solve the problem.

What may be best is possibly a script that relinquishes control of the sound device from XBMC before launching WMC, thus mitigating the error that way, and also allowing XBMC to have exclusive access as needed when you close out of WMC. (Not sure if this is even possible)

I may or may not be wrong... but it worked well enough for me

That seems to be the issue, it happens with other things like Emulators from Rom Collection Browser. In those scripts I had to use a) Solo mode or b) add timeouts in there to delay the program launch. Doing this for Media center might work as well. Will have to check into it.

I will try adding a timeout to my scripts for Live TV
Does pssuspend actually CLOSE XBMC or just suspend it? I thought it was closing it but apparently it isn't and thus I get the video error still..Id rather not disable GUI sounds.. Getting the Video error now even with GUI sounds off...
(2013-05-24, 07:06)NewYears1978 Wrote: Does pssuspend actually CLOSE XBMC or just suspend it? I thought it was closing it but apparently it isn't and thus I get the video error still..Id rather not disable GUI sounds.. Getting the Video error now even with GUI sounds off...

It doesn't kill the process, it just doesn't allow the process to use resources.

To kill the process, use taskkill (in place of pssuspend

taskkill /f /im XBMC.exe

However, if you do that, in order to start XBMC.exe again, you will need to CD to the XBMC directory (where XBMC.exe is) to start is. So instead of using pssuspend -r XBMC.exe, you would use

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC"
XBMC.exe -fs

One thing is, I haven't tried to actually kill XBMC instead of suspend it. I will try in a few minutes before I head off to the gym, though

EDIT: It works well enough. There is a slightly longer delay for me for starting up Windows Media Center and closing out of it to get back into XBMC, but it works. You can try to see if it still gives you a video error.

If it does give you a video error still (highly doubtful), you can put in a delay using PING, just after you close XBMC.exe, put

PING -n 6 127.0.0.1>nul

This will add a 5 second delay to WMC opening up (not 6 seconds). Adjust that number for one that you believe fits.
I finally got it all working, no CMD windows showing, no taskbar, no video(Live TV) OR display page errors (netflix).

Woo!

(2013-05-24, 17:18)Mankix Wrote:
(2013-05-24, 07:06)NewYears1978 Wrote: Does pssuspend actually CLOSE XBMC or just suspend it? I thought it was closing it but apparently it isn't and thus I get the video error still..Id rather not disable GUI sounds.. Getting the Video error now even with GUI sounds off...

It doesn't kill the process, it just doesn't allow the process to use resources.

taskkill /f /im XBMC.exe

However, if you do that, in order to start XBMC.exe again, you will need to CD to the XBMC directory (where XBMC.exe is) to start is. So instead of using pssuspend -r XBMC.exe, you would use

XBMC.exe -fs

One thing is, I haven't tried to actually kill XBMC instead of suspend it. I will try in a few minutes before I head off to the gym, though

EDIT: It works well enough. There is a slightly longer delay for me for starting up Windows Media Center and closing out of it to get back into XBMC, but it works. You can try to see if it still gives you a video error.

If it does give you a video error still (highly doubtful), you can put in a delay using PING, just after you close XBMC.exe, put

PING -n 6 127.0.0.1>nul

This will add a 5 second delay to WMC opening up (not 6 seconds). Adjust that number for one that you believe fits.

That's exactly how I did it. the pssuspend wasn't working for the resources..once in WMC it took like 15 seconds before it took over the audio. Using above which I wish you had told me BEFORE I figured it out, works Smile

Thankyou though!

For ping, wouldn't timeout /t # be the same?

Also is the -fs for fullscreen?
(2013-05-24, 17:19)NewYears1978 Wrote: I finally got it all working, no CMD windows showing, no taskbar, no video(Live TV) OR display page errors (netflix).

Woo!

(2013-05-24, 17:18)Mankix Wrote:

taskkill /f /im XBMC.exe

XBMC.exe -fs

PING -n 6 127.0.0.1>nul

That's exactly how I did it. the pssuspend wasn't working for the resources..once in WMC it took like 15 seconds before it took over the audio. Using above which I wish you had told me BEFORE I figured it out, works Smile

Thankyou though!

For ping, wouldn't timeout /t # be the same?

Also is the -fs for fullscreen?

No problem... at least the information is here for all

the -fs is for fullscreen

They're basically the same, except timeout was specifically made to delay a script, whereas ping was a hack from way back when there wasn't really a function to do so (if I remember right). Timeout can also be stopped with a button press, whereas ping cannot (again, if I remember right)
I decided to return to Media browser and wmc. It just works so much better for a one app solution for video and live tv. the guys for MB has made some amazing improvements with MB3. Still use xbmc for youtube though.
Not sure how you're handling the launch of Netflix, but, when I use this command, I don't get the proxy error...

%windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe -launchcoded:{e6f46126-f8a9-4a97-9159-b70b07890112}\{982ea9d3-915c-4713-a3c8-99a4688b7c59}

I originally wrote my own script to launch Netflix, but hated that it returned to MediaCenter after it exited Netflix, because we use the remote control almost exclusively on our HTPC, and exit using the BACK button.

I found SNETFLIX, and thought it was going to be the solution, as I could configure the Exit command with the backspace, but, then I realized that it exited EVERYTIME I pressed the Back button. Oops!

I took a look at MCENetflix, and love that it handles the back count, and can exit correctly, but, unless I'm missing something, it does not return to XBMC when launched.

It seems that, if we could combine some of the functionality of SNETFLIX and MCENetflix, we might have the perfect solution.

BTW, here's my batch file for launching SNETFLIX, that handles killing ESHELL on exit...

--------------------------------
@echo off
cls
tasklist /fi "imagename eq ehshell.exe" | find /i "ehshell.exe">NUL || goto SNETFLIX
taskkill /f /fi "imagename eq ehshell.exe"

:SNETFLIX
SNETFLIX.EXE
rem start /wait %windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe -launchcoded:{e6f46126-f8a9-4a97-9159-b70b07890112}\{982ea9d3-915c-4713-a3c8-99a4688b7c59}

tasklist /fi "imagename eq ehshell.exe" | find /i "ehshell.exe">NUL || goto EXIT
taskkill /f /fi "imagename eq ehshell.exe"

:EXIT
-----------------------------------

Thanks for sharing your work, and I'll be happy to offer any assistance I can in future changes.

Robbie Wilkes
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASED]: MCE Live TV (and MCE Netflix) XBMC Integration1