• 4(current)
[RELEASED]: MCE Live TV (and MCE Netflix) XBMC Integration
(2012-08-06, 18:31)LakersFan Wrote: After making sure it launches correctly with Advanced Launcher, I used the context menu to make it a favorite. I then put the favorite on my home menu so the kids could just click it and open Netflix.

------------

I am using Windows 7 and Eventghost, so I just created this batch file:
Code:
taskkill /F /IM ehshell.exe
start "XBMC" "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe"
and mapped a button push to open this. It will "kill" (close) Netflix and open XBMC.

Suggestion 1:
But XBMC is still running in the background. I want to close XBMC and launch WMC

Update: tried the above code on work PC w/ diff programs, but didnt, work. Tried the code on laptop and it worked. Going to try again on Home HTPC I need it to work on and hopefully I dont run into this same prob

Suggestion 2:
I tried the code, I can get XBMC to launch, but WMC stays open. Any idea to what's going on?

Hello,

I am having a problem with launching live tv. Every time I get an error from WMC "Video Error: Files needed to display video are not installed or not working
correctly. Please restart Media Center and or restart the computer“. At first I thought I had to re-do my tuner setup. But today I closed WMC, then closed XBMC, then it started to work ok...

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks
Bump...Anyone?
Sorry FantaXP7 no idea.

I currently have something going along of the same lines as Livin does: I used an entry point that is pointing to a shortcut, which basically runs a program that has the path to xbmc. the program kills eshell.exe and then launches whatever the first argument in the shortcut (xbmc). This porgram them sits around waiting for xbmc to exit, when it does, it relaunches eshell.

BUT I never thought of doing it the other way around. I tried it the simple way first, just adding a shortcut to AdvancedLauncher and seeing how it works.

Not too bad. But I'm having a few troubles. First xbmc seems to get kicked out of fullscreen, then back to fullscreen, then minimized when LiveTV or Guide are launched. Second, when I exit LiveTV via ESC, it does not remaximize XBMC. Third, I can go "back" "back" which gets me to the wmc menu tree; I'd rather not see that junk. :-)

So, If I want this I'm gonna have to write something to handle this whole thing better.

A few ideas I have. First would be hiding the icons and the taskbar. Not too much of a problem. But if they're hidden and something drastic happens, which causes the icons to stay hidden, I'm guessing a reboot is the only way to get them back.

Also maximize xbmc after exiting wmc
I like the suspend theory (thanks username145) . I may try that in my other program instead of me killing WMC.

The biggest problem I think I'll have is being able to NOT go "back" to the main eshell menu.

I've ordered some new HDMI cables. It may or may not be related to my DVI-HDMI cable I am using. I had seen one other odd thing with MPC+Lav+MadVR since using the DVI-HDMI, so there's an odd chance it might be the problem (something with HDCP and Live TV maybe).
Well, I have something that works.

First I hide the icons and taskbar.
Then I freeze (with pssuspend) and hide XBMC.
All you see is your background for 1 second, which could be an XBMC styled background.
At this point the shortcut parameters launch RecordedTV, LiveTV, Netflix, (Kylo Browser?) etc.
The program waits for whatever was launched to exit (with the ESC for ehshell.exe).
Then I unhide and unsuspend xbmc. Finally I reshow icons and the taskbar

The biggest problem is when the taskbar is re-shown, it appears in front of XBMC.

SO.... I throw a double backslash at the end to toggle xbmc fullscreen. At least with this, the taskbar is only seen for a half a second.

I could say "Screw hiding icons and taskbar" and we could just do an autohide of the taskbar and rightclick and hide icons that way, but I'll still need to do an toggle xbmc fullscreen. since there is still a sliver of a taskbar that is left over.

i don't know.
Okay this is how I do it.

Install autohotkey on any pc (doesn't have to be the htpc).
Download SysInternals.
Extract pssuspend.exe. Copy it to the HTPC, and run it once, as the htpc user. This sets the SysInternals EULA.

Copy these three programs to the indicated text files, and compile them using Autohotkey:

XBMCAppHandler.ahk
Code:
;
; AutoHotkey Version: 1.x
; Language:       English
; Platform:       Win9x/NT
; Author:         Joe Christl
;
; Script Function:
;    Program Launcher for XBMC
;

#SingleInstance force
SetTitleMatchMode, 2
#WinActivateForce

pCount = %0%
Loop %pCount%
  Param%A_Index% := %A_Index%

Start:
Sleep, 100
WinHide, XBMC
Sleep, 100
RunWait, %comspec% /c "pssuspend xbmc.exe"  ,,hide
Sleep, 100

Run, %Param1% %Param2% %Param3% %Param4% %Param5% %Param6% %Param7% %Param8% %Param9% %Param10% ,, Max

;======================================================
Sleep, 5000

NeedleRegEx = i)^.*\\
FoundPos := RegExMatch(param1, NeedleRegEx, RegPID )
StringReplace, NewPID, param1, %RegPID%

Process, Exist, %NewPID%
Process, WaitClose, %NewPID%

Process, Exist, XBMC.exe
XPid = %ErrorLevel%

Sleep, 500
RunWait, %comspec% /c "pssuspend -r xbmc.exe"  ,,hide
Sleep, 100
WinShow, ahk_pid %XPid%

WinActivate, ahk_pid %XPid%

ExitApp

#IfWinActive ahk_class eHome Render Window
Esc::
Send !{F4}
return
#IfWinActive

ShowIconsTask.ahk
Code:
;
;
; Script Function:
;    Shows taskbar and icons
;

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

; show icons and taskbar
WinExist("ahk_class Progman")
Control, Show,, SysListView321
WinExist("ahk_class WorkerW")
Control, Show,, SysListView321
WinShow,ahk_class Shell_TrayWnd
WinShow,Start ahk_class Button

HideIconsTask.ahk
Code:
;
;
; Script Function:
;    Hides taskbar and icons
;

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

; hide icons and taskbar
WinExist("ahk_class Progman")
Control, Hide,, SysListView321
WinExist("ahk_class WorkerW")
Control, Hide,, SysListView321
WinHide,ahk_class Shell_TrayWnd
WinHide,Start ahk_class Button

Take the shortcuts from the first post, and prepend to the target the fully qualified path to where you're putting the XBMCAppHandler.exe. I recommend enclosing the first two executables inside quotes "
Ex.
Code:
StartMCELiveTV.lnk
"C:\Users\Public\Documents\XBMCAppHandler.exe" "%windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe" /nostartupanimation /homepage:VideoFullscreen.xml /PushStartPage:True

StartMCENetflix.lnk
"C:\Users\Public\Documents\XBMCAppHandler.exe" "%windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe" /url:windowsmediacenterapp:{e6f46126-f8a9-4a97-9159-b70b07890112}\{982ea9d3-915c-4713-a3c8-99a4688b7c59}?EntryPointParameters=

StartMCETRecordedTV.lnk
"C:\Users\Public\Documents\XBMCAppHandler.exe" "%windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe" /nostartupanimation /homepage:RecordedTV.BrowsePage.xml /PushStartPage:True

StartMCETScheduled Recordings.lnk
"C:\Users\Public\Documents\XBMCAppHandler.exe" "%windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe" /nostartupanimation /homepage:VideoToBeRecorded.xml /PushStartPage:True

StartMCETVGuide.lnk
"C:\Users\Public\Documents\XBMCAppHandler.exe" "%windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe" /nostartupanimation /homepage:VideoGuide.xml /PushStartPage:True

Place ShowIconTask.exe and HideIconTask.exe on the desktop. Make sure XBMCAppHandler.exe, pssuspend.exe and the links are all in the same directory.

Use AdvLauncher to add the links to xbmc. I then re-edit each launcher and go into Advanced and turn off Toggle fullscreen.

Find a cool background. I chose this one = http://www.htbackdrops.com/v2/displayima...?pid=15738

Run HideiconsTask.exe to hide your taskbar and icons. If for some reason you need to get to your icons or taskbar, simply use your mouse to right-click and toggle View > Show desktop icons once or twice. Then you can run ShowIconsTask.exe

You won't need EsctoClose.exe anymore as that functionality is now integrated.

Enjoy. Thanks to Zellig for the idea.

Extra: if you're feeling jumpy, try using this to hide your extra windows media strips. Be careful as I have only used it in testing.
Thanks for the shortcuts. I have them working. Here's what I can't get going:

ESC takes me back to the desktop (XBMC is minimized). How can I get straight back to a maximized XBMC? Sorry if this should be obvious. I am very new to XBMC and HTPCs.

Thanks in advance!
(2012-09-29, 22:33)milkman dan Wrote: Thanks for the shortcuts. I have them working. Here's what I can't get going:

ESC takes me back to the desktop (XBMC is minimized). How can I get straight back to a maximized XBMC? Sorry if this should be obvious. I am very new to XBMC and HTPCs.

Thanks in advance!

I'm having the same problem is there a way to fix this? thanks
(2012-10-09, 05:12)Hemanleo Wrote:
(2012-09-29, 22:33)milkman dan Wrote: Thanks for the shortcuts. I have them working. Here's what I can't get going:

Thanks in advance!

I'm having the same problem is there a way to fix this? thanks

Me too.... anybody got a fix?
Try my post above instead.
Z-Vap,

I followed your post last-night and it works flawlessly!. Thanks to you and the Zellig for coming up with such a great idea.

Now I do get that message box when connecting to Netflix regarding the Proxy issue. Please let me know if anyone ever figures out a way to get rid of that.

Thanks again!
Thanks for your post Zellig,

I recently purchased a HDHomerun Prime and was looking for a good way to integrate WMC TV functions into XBMC and this works great. There has been a few suggestions on how to close WMC and return to XBMC. Here is a very simply way I have found and seems to work great using an AutoHotKey script which I also use to map several other hotkeys to other commands to take me directly to XBMC, WMC, Netflix, etc. Below is a sample from my script.

F7:: ; MCE Green Button to start XBMC
IfWinExist XBMC
{
WinActivate
WinMaximize
}
else
{
Run C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe
WinWait XBMC
WinActivate
WinMaximize
}
IfWinExist, Windows Media Center
WinClose ;
return

!F4:: ; Use Alt F4 to Close Windows Media Center and return to XBMC
IfWinExist, Windows Media Center
WinClose ;

IfWinExist XBMC
{
WinActivate
WinMaximize
}
else
{
Run C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe
WinWait XBMC
WinActivate
WinMaximize
}
return

I was wondering if anyone can help me figure out how to add a Custom Menu option like in Zellig's youtube example where it shows clicking on Watch and it brings up a submenu of favorites? I am currently using Aeon Nox 3.6 and I understand how to create custom menus, but it seems to require you to set up a widget and I don't see any option to just show submenus. If I choose none for the widget then it doesn't even show up in my main menu. Thanks in advance for any help.
Hello,
I was able to integrate Live TV from Windows Media Center into XBMC using the Advanced Launcher plugin and the links from the initial post. However, when I exit Windows Media Center and return to XBMC, it will freeze when I try to play a movie or tv show from my library. I'm running XBMC Frodo with Advanced Launcher v1.10.18 on Windows 8. Does anyone know how to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
My only thought is that you may be running both programs at the same time and may be a memory issue. If you use the autohotkey script like I posted above it closes out the other program when each one loads.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASED]: MCE Live TV (and MCE Netflix) XBMC Integration1