Win Added external player with rules, but all is played on External Player
Hi all,

I have just setup XMBC v12.0 on Windows 7. I saw that HD movies where not running smoothly. I search the Wiki and found out that I needed to create a playercorefactory.xml to allow playing using an external player which uses hardware accelary. I downloaded and installed MPC-HC and edited the XML file as follows:

Quote:<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPCHC_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule name="dgb" filetypes="*.mp4" player="MPCHC_Player"/>
<rule name="dgb" filetypes="*.mkv" player="MPCHC_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

When I now start a MKV file it is displayed correctly using this MPC-HC player, but also AVI files or any other file is now using the external player instead of the default player. Am I missing something? I also noticed that some AVI files are not running smoothly as well with the default player. So maybe it is better to configure the players to be used based on the codec? But not sure how to do this, some kind of help would be appreciated.

Mark
At a guess, without testing, the issue might be your use of the filetypes attribute. It should be a regular expression and the * is not used as a wild card in the sense that you're using it (in fact the . is a (single character) wild card).

But you don't even need that anyway, since filetypes only looks at the extension, you can just use filetypes="mp4" and filetypes="mkv" (or, better, a single rule with filetypes="mp4|mkv")
scudlee: Thought that would do the trick, but if I change the rules to:
<rule name="dgb" filetypes="mp4|mkv" player="MPCHC_Player"/>

Everything is played back again with the default player and not with MFC-HC

*** EDIT ***
My noob mistake. They video I checked was a mpeg so I should add this filetype also. Above suggestions works
<rule name="dgb" filetypes="mp4|mkv|mpeg|mpg" player="MPCHC_Player"/>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Added external player with rules, but all is played on External Player0