Cannot Add Sources in Crystalbuntu

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hudson_Hawk04 Offline
Posting Freak
Hey all I am having a bit of trouble...I will post here and on the crystalbuntu forums, the problem is that I cannot add sources to the machine at all. When I try to add via SMB share I get an error 2 and when I try to add via network source and set the it up using the ip address of the machine that has my media it times out. I will see if I can get a log posted here in a bit, hopefully that will help clarify the problem.

Right now the only static ip I have set up on my machine is the one that stores the media.
Log File: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=2574

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
Frank Sinatra
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
(This post was last modified: 2012-05-14 02:33 by Hudson_Hawk04.)
find quote
Mattywinter Offline
Hey there, I'm having exactly the same problem. I'm wondering if you found a solution?
find quote
jnk5y Offline
When connected through ethernet I had no problems adding my smb share. When I switched to wireless I got the problem above. I then typed in the location of my smb share smb://servername/folder and it did find it and it worked. So either connect by ethernet or type it out.
find quote
pumkinut Offline
Posting Freak
Have you tried mounting them outside of XBMC? I usually do that, and then add them as local sources from within the XBMC gui.
find quote
Sam.Nazarko Offline
Posting Freak
Always add shares by IP. Saves resolution time as well
find quote