How do you sort your anime?
I'm curious how everybody here sorts their TV Shows/Anime. Once upon a time, long before I got XBMC, I would have a separate folder for each series, even if they were separate seasons or related in some way. Take Hidamari Sketch for example: There are 3 seasons, but each season has its own name.. "Hidamari Sketch", "Hidamari Sketch x365", "Hidamari Sketch Hoishimitsu". But then there are other shows like "Spice and Wolf" that have multiple seasons bearing the same name.

I originally wanted to setup XBMC this way, but when I found out that scraper websites like thetvdb.com categorize them as separate seasons in the same series, I started to follow suit. But then I noticed some series that don't quite follow that rule: Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z/Dragon Ball GT for example. And Gundam Seed/Gundam Seed Destiny. These are all treated as completely separate series.

I've since moved onto starting to use nfo files to manually add my files to XBMC, and was thinking of going back to a separate series for each show (with the exception of multi-series shows like US television shows like Fringe, and anime that clearly have multi seasons like Spice and Wolf)... but there doesn't seem to be a way to "sort" shows like you can with movies. (i.e. Ocean's Eleven is sorted as "Ocean's 11" with <sorttitle></sorttitle>since Twelve and Thirteen are not in numerical order) Without such a feature, some shows would be out of "order" in their seasons due to their long name.

So how would you recommend doing it, in your personal opinion?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do you sort your anime?0