XBMC Freezing at start of movie
I have recently upgraded my xbmc and have been having nothing but problems. Every time I play a movie it freezes 10 seconds into the movie then I have to force close. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but it is still doing the same. I have tried various different movies including ones that I have already watched on xbmc already. Please help
You will need to post more information. Your system specs along with an XBMC log with debugging turned on.
Ok I'm using Windows 7. How do I get a log?
nevermind i figured it out will send as soon as it's done. it's taking forever
I gave you a link for the wiki that explain the log and where it is located. Just saying Windows 7, tells me nothing about your hardware. When asking for systems specs I am referring to CPU, GPU, RAM etc as well as the OS.

I see you figured it out. Upload the log to somewhere like paastebin, then put the link in a post here.
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T5750 @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz
4.00GB RAM
64-bit Windows 7
Service Pack 1
I'm using an HP Laptop

I'm still waiting for XBMC to finish it's log. Had to leave so it had to take a break.
I'm not sure what you mean by waiting for it to finish the log. If XBMC has frozen, force quit it and post whatever the log contains. There should be no waiting for the log.
Well, I ran the debugging and now it seems to be working. How long is a debugging log supposed to take? I let it go over night and it looked like it was still debugging when I awoke. Or, it looked like it was still going. I will still go and post the log where you said just in case there is a problem I need to fix. Thank you
http://pastebin.com/akBM4FSJ
Logging with debug on or off only happens while XBMC is running. If XBMC has froze, then you should just force quit it with the task manager.
ok it's back to not working again. Here is the log to show what's going on.

http://pastebin.com/f4Da9PKh
well it's not working again. I have done a full uninstall and now i can't even get it to do anything. I have re installed it numerous times and can't get it to do anything.
Are you willing to start from scratch? You can remove XBMC entirely. Grab a recent nightly version and we can try that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Freezing at start of movie0