Need Help with a New Foxconn System
I'm trying to get XBMC going on a Foxconn nT-i1500. It has the latest Atom processor and a Intel GMA3600 graphics adapter in it. I have Windows 32 bit installed on a 32 GB SSD and XBMC Eden installed. For now the diplay I'm using is my Asus 24 inch LCD monitor and it is connected via HDMI. Now for my problems.

Windows itself works great from a display perspective. But when I start up XBMC and it goes into the default skin the display fickers. I cannot seem to figure oout what I need to do to stop the flickering.

Next I can play my SD content just fine, and I do not have any flickering. But when I go to play a BluRay, in native format, or a MKV file all I get is a blank screen.

Anyone have any ideas on how to resolve these two problems. Beggining to wonder if this was a bad choice for a HTPC for our living room.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Now I don't actually know anything about this device but I'm contemplating one for XBMC 11 so don't expect miracles form me.

Have you done all the obvious this such as updating the graphics drivers, trying different monitors, different resolutions? Flickering might also be a refresh rate issue, can you force a different one using the Intel Graphics panel?

Do you have to use Windows? OpenElec installs pretty quickly and is pretty much ready to go out of the box so it might be a good opportunity to try a Linux build.

Since I'm not so familiar with the Windows builds I'm not sure if it's a "bring-your-own-codecs" job; have you tried installing K-Lite?

Or have you already got this working?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need Help with a New Foxconn System0