• 8(current)
Aeon Nox 3.0: Movie Extras/Bonus Features - How to add them to your setup.
Well I don't know what a proof of concept script is, but I'm happy to hear that you're working on something. Smile
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Since there currently isn't a way to have a logo for movie sets when using the landscape-logo view I am thinking of using your method for just the extras and having all the movies displayed individually in the regular movie list.

However, I don't really have that many extras so I was wondering if there was a way to create a folder of these extras and then add it as a custom button under "Movies" without that folder being scanned to the library or having to create the extra playlists?
(2012-06-15, 22:29)shanndogg Wrote: Since there currently isn't a way to have a logo for movie sets when using the landscape-logo view I am thinking of using your method for just the extras and having all the movies displayed individually in the regular movie list.

However, I don't really have that many extras so I was wondering if there was a way to create a folder of these extras and then add it as a custom button under "Movies" without that folder being scanned to the library or having to create the extra playlists?

Perhaps you could navigate to the folder using the files browser, and then when you've highlighted the folder without clicking on it, set it as a favorite (if it's possible, haven't tried it within the file browser). Then you can add the custom button and set it to that favorite. If there's no .nfos associated with the extras, then it won't be scanned in - especially if you haven't added that folder as a content source. EDIT: It looks like you have to add the folder as a content source to see it in the file browser. Maybe you can set the content type as none?

Make sense?
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-06-16, 00:13)thrak76 Wrote: Perhaps you could navigate to the folder using the files browser, and then when you've highlighted the folder without clicking on it, set it as a favorite (if it's possible, haven't tried it within the file browser). Then you can add the custom button and set it to that favorite. If there's no .nfos associated with the extras, then it won't be scanned in - especially if you haven't added that folder as a content source. EDIT: It looks like you have to add the folder as a content source to see it in the file browser. Maybe you can set the content type as none?

Make sense?

I thought that would work, but for some reason I get this screen when selecting the Custom button I made to link to the extras folder as a favorite:

If I back out of that screen (backspace) it takes me to the files list where I can select the Extras folder there.

Also, if I pull up the "m" menu from the main screen and select the extras favorite folder there, it works. I don't understand why it would work there, but not with the custom button. Any ideas, or is it not possible to do what I am intending?
(2012-06-16, 02:10)shanndogg Wrote:
(2012-06-16, 00:13)thrak76 Wrote: Perhaps you could navigate to the folder using the files browser, and then when you've highlighted the folder without clicking on it, set it as a favorite (if it's possible, haven't tried it within the file browser). Then you can add the custom button and set it to that favorite. If there's no .nfos associated with the extras, then it won't be scanned in - especially if you haven't added that folder as a content source. EDIT: It looks like you have to add the folder as a content source to see it in the file browser. Maybe you can set the content type as none?

Make sense?

I thought that would work, but for some reason I get this screen when selecting the Custom button I made to link to the extras folder as a favorite:

If I back out of that screen (backspace) it takes me to the files list where I can select the Extras folder there.

Also, if I pull up the "m" menu from the main screen and select the extras favorite folder there, it works. I don't understand why it would work there, but not with the custom button. Any ideas, or is it not possible to do what I am intending?

read the FAQ
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1110399
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Altering the guisettings.xml did the trick- thank you!
This is just an afterthought, but to those of you who are keeping trilogys and such together, for the Alien Collection you may do well to consider renaming them so that Prometheus is season 1. In case it does become a prequel trilogy change Alien to season 4. Would just help keep everything in order. Just thought I'd share my thoughts, might also apply to you Lord of the Rings fans too. With the Hobbit coming out you may want to accommodate that as the first season also.
We added the single logo view:

(2012-06-23, 04:01)Big_Noid Wrote: We added the single logo view:

Awesome work Big Grin would like to swap resolution for source. Would I find that much hassle without messing up the other views namely episode?
Curious, does this view option affect movies and tvshows globally, or can you select it differently for each?
only tested with movies atm
(2012-06-23, 05:25)thrak76 Wrote: Curious, does this view option affect movies and tvshows globally, or can you select it differently for each?

It's global. If you have single logo on movies, it'll be on tv shows. Think thats a XBMC thing
TV LG 50PJ350 50 inch HDTV
Receiver Sony STRDH520 7.1
HTPC 1 Custom built 8GB RAM 64GB SSD 250GB SATA Win 8 x64, VRC 1100 remote, AMBX lighting HTPC 2 TV LG 32LK330U 32 inch HDTV HTPC Raspberry Pi 2 OpenELEC
Server HP Microserver Gen 8 10GB RAM, 10.25TB total storage, Sickbeard, SABnzbd+, CouchPotato
Kodi Jarvis, Aeon MQ 6
(2012-06-23, 11:25)defluo Wrote:
(2012-06-23, 05:25)thrak76 Wrote: Curious, does this view option affect movies and tvshows globally, or can you select it differently for each?

It's global. If you have single logo on movies, it'll be on tv shows. Think thats a XBMC thing

Not an XBMC thing, it's just that it would require two separate settings for movies and tv shows, as well as doubling of some other parts of the code.
(2012-06-23, 11:25)defluo Wrote:

But defluo - you yourself wrote code (and it's posted earlier in this thread) that will only affect the movies. Leaving the tvshow logos alone.
haha I did indeed. I forgot about it. Should I assume you'd like me to try and update my code?

EDIT replace 189-210 with this

Code:
<itemlayout width="115" height="450" condition="[Skin.HasSetting(landscapeonelogo) + Container.Content(movies)]">
        </itemlayout>
        <focusedlayout width="1920" height="450" condition="[Skin.HasSetting(landscapeonelogo) + Container.Content(movies)]">
            <control type="group">
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>830</posx>
                    <posy>78</posy>
                    <width>450</width>
                    <height>300</height>
                    <aspectratio aligny="bottom">keep</aspectratio>
                    <texture fallback="fallback.png">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,logo.png]</texture>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>830</posx>
                    <posy>372</posy>
                    <width>450</width>
                    <height>300</height>
                    <aspectratio aligny="top">keep</aspectratio>
                    <texture flipy="true" fallback="fallback.png">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,logo.png]</texture>
                    <animation effect="fade" start="10" end="10" time="200" tween="cubic" easing="inout" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
                </control>
            </control>
        </focusedlayout>
    <itemlayout width="525" height="450" condition="[Skin.HasSetting(landscapeonelogo) + Container.Content(tvshows)]">
            <control type="image">
                <posx>38</posx>
                <posy>178</posy>
                <width>420</width>
                <height>164</height>
            </control>
            <control type="image">
                <posx>38</posx>
                <posy>345</posy>
                <width>420</width>
                <height>164</height>
                <texture flipy="true" fallback="fallback.png">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,logo.png]</texture>
                <animation effect="fade" start="10" end="10" time="200" tween="cubic" easing="inout" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
            </control>
        </itemlayout>
        <focusedlayout width="525" height="450" condition="[Skin.HasSetting(landscapeonelogo) + Container.Content(tvshows)]">
            <control type="group">
                <animation effect="zoom" center="auto" start="100" end="122" time="600" tween="back" easing="out" reversible="false">Focus</animation>
                <animation effect="zoom" center="auto" start="122" end="100" time="200" tween="back" easing="out" reversible="false">UnFocus</animation>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>52</posx>
                    <posy>178</posy>
                    <width>390</width>
                    <height>164</height>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>52</posx>
                    <posy>345</posy>
                    <width>390</width>
                    <height>164</height>
                </control>
            </control>
        </focusedlayout>
TV LG 50PJ350 50 inch HDTV
Receiver Sony STRDH520 7.1
HTPC 1 Custom built 8GB RAM 64GB SSD 250GB SATA Win 8 x64, VRC 1100 remote, AMBX lighting HTPC 2 TV LG 32LK330U 32 inch HDTV HTPC Raspberry Pi 2 OpenELEC
Server HP Microserver Gen 8 10GB RAM, 10.25TB total storage, Sickbeard, SABnzbd+, CouchPotato
Kodi Jarvis, Aeon MQ 6
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 3.0: Movie Extras/Bonus Features - How to add them to your setup.2