MinGW-w64 support
Hi,

I discovered this thread in one of my overzealous "the world should use MinGW-w64 tempers.

I promptly cloned the xbmc repo, (fired up my Arch vbox to run autoreconf), and did a

Code:
.../configure --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32

Which failed at

Code:
configure: error: unsupported host (x86_64-w64-mingw32)

So I tried

Code:
.../configure --host=i686-w64-mingw32

Which also failed. This is IMHO a stupid failure. Let people try at least Wink. I can't even test the alternative MinGW. Can someone assist me in the quest to make XBMC work with MinGW-w64? This would obviously also include Windows 64-bit support if the 3rd party dependencies allow it in their current (or mildly patched) state.

Thanks!

PS: if yous still think this to be very problematic, note that Blender (yes the blender.org blender) recently got a MinGW-w64 64-bit version built and it was up to 92% faster than MSVC x64. Just saying... Smile
you can try. you can even submit patches. you cannot expect us to do the work for you though as nobody here seems to have the slightest of interest (we don't even build w64 under visual studio).
^^ what he said. We also have a lot of binary third party libs which might not be available in x64 and I don't want to recompile everything from scratch. As this is a "all" or "nothing" business I have no intention to follow up on this yet.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MinGW-w64 support0