One other Confluence pre-12 alpha thought...

As I said before... Great look and change to Confluence in pre-12 alpha.

The one pic across all menu changes makes it look very smooth.

HOWEVER...

On one box (one of 4), I would like to place a different wallpaper, just like the blue photo blur is now.

Looking to see where I could make that change... I saw that there was no longer an option to change any backgrounds.

Could you at least put in an option to change the one background for all?

My wife would like a bright background of sun and daisies... Don't make me let her down !

Big Grin

Is there someway that I can modify that with an .xml ?

Thanks!

Vincent
If it's on a different box - rename your wife's background to background.jpg
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Brilliant!

Easy and simple.

THANKS!

Setting a custom background in the gui is coming soon
(2012-05-14, 22:21)Mudislander Wrote: If it's on a different box - rename your wife's background to background.jpg

You know... what I first thought was an easy change is more complicated than I thought.

In this brave new alpha-12 confluence, where is this background.jpg of which you speak?

I did a search for "background"... but didn't seem to find it.

Please let me know where it is... or where I should place the new background.jpg

Jezz_X Wrote:Setting a custom background in the gui is coming soon

Please make sure that changing that background is modifiable BY PROFILE.

Thanks!
(2012-05-19, 20:44)zebraitis Wrote: Please make sure that changing that background is modifiable BY PROFILE.

Thanks!
Of course it will be the same as eden confluence that its set in skin settings and gui settings get stored on aper profile basis.
I am really liking the idea of using a single background on the home
and making many themes to select from. keeping things light,
this feature will also be still avaiable won't it?

(2012-05-15, 00:08)Jezz_X Wrote: Setting a custom background in the gui is coming soon

In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates, open source, opens minds, so open yours today.

yeah it will still be one background only and themes override the default but custom overrides themes so the peeking order goes Custom > Theme > Default where > = greater than
Great.

But... for right now:

Where is this current background file stored so that If I choose to change it, I can?

v.
depends on the OS you use but its in the confluence skin background folder located in the addons dir of your xbmc install path (not your user folder the install folder) since it ships with xbmc
(2012-05-20, 06:36)Jezz_X Wrote: depends on the OS you use but its in the confluence skin background folder located in the addons dir of your xbmc install path (not your user folder the install folder) since it ships with xbmc

C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\backgrounds

Thanks. Got it.

As far as changing the background for profiles within a single machine (ex: Main, Exercise, Christmas, etc), I look forward to your completion of setting a custom background in the GUI.

v.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
One other Confluence pre-12 alpha thought...0