What video container is best for XBMC? (re: faster video seeking, and DVB-S capture)
I have a lot of MPEG-TS (H.264 video with AC3 or MP3) inside of a .TS container. XBMC can play these back without any problems, but when I try to skip ahead 30-seconds (or fast forward, etc), it's a bit sluggish and the picture often gets pixelated, takes a while to catch up, etc.

I've been reading about H.264 and how reference frames work, so I'm wondering if that's my problem... (which can only be fixed by re-encoding the entire video I think)

However, does XBMC work with certain containers better than others? For example, .MKV or .MP4 (container) seems to be much faster and skip forward-backward is often instantaneous.

Does anybody have any experience with MPEG-TS (w/H.264) files?

EDIT: Also, the strange thing is that recording/playing back the same recordings on my satellite DVR is often much better... (ie. it skips 30 seconds faster, and just seems to handle the DVB streams "better")

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What video container is best for XBMC? (re: faster video seeking, and DVB-S capture)0