How to controling media player bandwidth?
i'm adding more streaming functions to my dagentv script but i have problems getting the quality i know is possible.
can somebody please have a look on
example stream and propose how i manage to get full bandwidth in xbmc media player. with my default settings it looks much worse than in windows. how can i control this?

thanks for your help.

mrz :help:
mms://qstream-wm.qbrick.com/00928/mellan/sommartorpet/050620sommartorpet.wmv

that's your real link. doesn't mellan mean medium or something? anyways, wmp has autoadjusting capabilities so it adjusts for the bandwidth on the fly. you should get same results on eg bsplayer as on xbmc though.
xbmcscripts.com administrator
yes that is the file and i assume that wmp gets the same pointer as there is only one record returned by the asx. wmp then runs at 800kbit/s but xbmc only at 100k (approx). the pc and xbox are on the same lan. this is what confuses me.
Confused
you didn't get the point...wmp can commmunicate with the server and raise the bitrate on the fly if it sees that the line is faster than the current video bitrate (if the server has support for this...seeing as it is an asx file it most likely support it). this is at least how i think it works, i know for sure it's dynamic on most windows media content servers...

xbmc on the other hand (and most other players) haven't got support for this protocol.
ok, now i see what you mean. that makes perfect sense.
a pitty though...

thanks
yeah, but i could very well be wrong. it's just taken from personal experience. i guess google would give you some more info.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to controling media player bandwidth?0