PVR functionalities not in XBMC Frodo?
No, PVR will not be in the May cycle (which is closed to new features as of May 10th anyways).
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
AE = HD audio would be my guess. And like someone basically said: What's the difference other than using a different package/git?
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
I'll see what I can do about removing the trac roadmap. Should have done it years ago.

For accurate roadmaps, see the milestones over at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues.

EDIT: Update: trac roadmap now points at issues, so hopefully now no such confusion will exist - or at least the raodmap is only updated based on code that is actually done against master so has a chance of being merged Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Let's look at it this way. Frodo will be pulled forward by not having PVR in it, instead of waiting for PVR to be completely finished. So we will have PVR on the same day in XBMC stable as we would have, but now we get an "extra" stable inbetween, with Audio Engine. Hey, that's great.

So there, now we can all stop being disappointed. (Well I'm trying to, anyway.)
I think a key reason for disappointment is that the inclusion of PVR in main may have resulted in wider skin support. Still a good selection though :-)
Definitely a bummer that PVR isn't planned for Frodo anymore. I am continuing to hope that it makes it into the main branch...it seems like such a weird thing to not yet have fully integrated. It would be awesome to be able to pull nightly builds easily without building my own. I had heard that Frodo was "the PVR build" (kind of in the same way that Dharma was "the Add-Ons build"). Ah well!

Dam, was looking forward to official PVR support, ill remain on the pulse 8 builds for now... works great with FTA and PayTV..
I have a hint: they do not want to have it integrated because their sopnsors do not want. It has been so for a least 3 releases and it always the same sory. Seems ridiculous compared to other things that get in.
Hmmm.... https://twitter.com/XBMC/status/242294611278716928
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
Only the dummy never chnage their mind!
(2012-09-04, 18:34)bradvido88 Wrote: Hmmm.... https://twitter.com/XBMC/status/242294611278716928

Yeah, i noticed PR#1357 is scheduled for the september milestone, but things could change again i guess.

-
(2012-09-04, 21:04)KRKA01 Wrote:
(2012-09-04, 18:34)bradvido88 Wrote: Hmmm.... https://twitter.com/XBMC/status/242294611278716928

Yeah, i noticed PR#1357 is scheduled for the september milestone, but things could change again i guess.

-

no. it will go in
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Looks like the PVR branch was just merged into the mainline... congrats all!
I see that PVR was merged without the addons..... for those of us using a more esoteric branch (like tsp's libcmyth branch) will we need to pull down his addon code and just compile the addon and then install it into a post-september Frodo build (assuming tsp's code is updated/rewritten to work with the PVR rewrite)?
yes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR functionalities not in XBMC Frodo?0