Welo Translations
Calling all translators!

If there's any volunteers, could you create a mod of 'skin.welo - language - English - strings.xml' for your language, upload it somewhere, and post the link.

Cheers!
I've started doing a German translation. However I'm unable to find certain used strings in the strings.xml file. Did you hardcode some of the text into textures?
The cake is a lie!
(2012-05-17, 13:23)blubberx Wrote: I've started doing a German translation. However I'm unable to find certain used strings in the strings.xml file. Did you hardcode some of the text into textures?

hey blubberx,

Excellent, thanks.

There shouldn't be too much hard coded stuff... only generic stuff like xbmc, ffwd, play, etc.

Cheers
hmm then it is quite odd.

E.g.
On a German XBMC "Watch your Movies" automatically shows as "Schaue deine Filme". But this string is not included in your strings.xml file.
The string "RANDOM MOVIES" shows up in the XML but does not change when I enter a translation.

I can provide you with further information later this weekend, when I'm back home at my home PC and ATVs. Will try to provide screenshots of those pages where translations don't seem to work.

EDIT:
Ok these are text fields from the XBMC Language file. Not really sure if they are still used in the standard Skins, however in Welo this wording sounds "strange"

EDIT2:
Tried to simply move these strings from the general stringx.xml file to the one of the skin but apparently this does not work. There is also a problem with the string for the Music main page. Although XBMC shows the german strings for all other pages but on the Music page it still reads the english original. Any clues what to do? I'm not yet so familiar with the way XBMC handles those things.
The cake is a lie!
Alright I have a first translation ready for German Language. However I still need to figure out how to modify those strings which are pulled from the XBMC integrated language files because I'm not happy with the wording.

What about giving those "Watch your Movies" "Watch your TV-Shows" "Listen to your Music" etc. your own string in your stings.xml. That way the modification would be much easier and one could address language specific word order?
The cake is a lie!
hey blubberx,

i'm away till early next week so will take a closer look then.

cheers
(2012-05-19, 00:50)blubberx Wrote: What about giving those "Watch your Movies" "Watch your TV-Shows" "Listen to your Music" etc. your own string in your stings.xml. That way the modification would be much easier and one could address language specific word order?

Yeah, sure. I'll sort this for the next update. Is it just that label on the home screen, or are there any more anywhere?

Cheers Wink

[EDIT:] actually, can you pm me with all the areas are not translated correctly from the default XBMC German translation, plus any translations that are not showing your changes (from the skin strings). Cheers!
Hi liquidskin76 and hi everyone,

Here is my french translation for your beautiful skin:

One or two things that doesn't work:

The arrows doesn't work for me in v1.0.1 (it was working in v1.0.0). And i think i have the same problem than blubberx, i have translated the strings for the home menu but i still have a weird translation.

Code:
<string id="80000">Séries TV</string>
<string id="80001">Apps</string>  
<string id="80002">Favoris</string>  
<string id="80003">Regardez Vos</string>
<string id="80004">Ecoutez Votre</string>
<string id="80005">Gestionnaire de Fichiers</string>
<string id="80006">Retour À</string>

My <string id="80003"> is "Regardez Vos" and it is "Surveillez votre" in the home menu...

Finally, i have some overlapping in info menus.

Thanks!
HTPC: Lian Li PC-Q09F | Gigabyte GA-A75N-USB3 | AMD Fusion A6-3500 | Crucial M4 64 Go SSD | Kingston 4 Go DDR3 RAM | Scythe Kozuti | Be Quiet! SilentWings 2 80 mm
Hey Anquetos,

The menu arrow problem was a nightly bug, which jmarshall fixed a day or so ago. There was another nightly bug relating to the random items script that he also fixed. Whilst not officially supported on nightlies, all should be good now!

I'll push a small update asap to improve support for translations, plus sort thoses bugs for you!

Cheers for helping out!
Ok liquideskin76,

I will take a look this evening or tomorrow and i will let you kown.

Smile
HTPC: Lian Li PC-Q09F | Gigabyte GA-A75N-USB3 | AMD Fusion A6-3500 | Crucial M4 64 Go SSD | Kingston 4 Go DDR3 RAM | Scythe Kozuti | Be Quiet! SilentWings 2 80 mm
I can just confirm what my French colleague said Smile
I'll do some more work on my German translation, I'm trying to find some alternative wordings.
The cake is a lie!
I'm about to release an update that has some extra skin strings and a few label changes that will hopefully help you guys out. Check it out and let me know.

Cheers Wink
@Anquetos

I've sorted those overlaping text bugs for you as well. Wink
Thx for the update. However I'm not yet satisfied Tongue

I would have preferred to have all those Strings to be modified individually.
"Watch your Movies"
"Watch your TV Shows"
"Listen to your Music"
"Watch your Videos"
"View your Pictures"
"Check the Weather" <- still broken anyway
"Use your Apps"
"View your Favorites"

Right now they are composed from different parts in the language file. Not only that the wording is still sometimes not appropriate, having the possibility to modify them completely and individually will not produce so much more work for translators but give them the freedom to actually make good translations.
Never forget, English is a lovely and simple language compared to French and German. Some things expressed in English cant be easily translated in these languages without writing a 3 pages essay. Smile

But all the rest of the changes seem to be fine. So far I did not encounter any overlapping of text anymore.
The cake is a lie!
Hi guys,

I have just added v1.0.2.

Thanks for the overlaping, it is alright now, but i still have the "arrow problem"...

The home menu works too for movies, videos, TV shows, pictures and music but when you will have some time, it would be cool if you can do the same for weather, apps, settings ans shutdown.

Sorry to give you some more work...Big Grin

At last could you explain me what this option does because it is the last one i have not translated yet.

Code:
<string id="93076">Enable Plot Outline</string>

Wink

blubberx,

I thanks we have the same problem with the home menu.

But in french, i can do a correct translation for movies, videos, TV shows, pictures and music.

Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Welo Translations0