Welo Translations
(2012-07-09, 10:13)liquidskin76 Wrote: Hi Anquetos,

Appologies on my part. Blush I quickly replied on my iPhone without thinking. No offence intended! Wink

Maybe you guys can pull togeather and produce a new string set for release 1.5.0, as there will be new strings.

Cheers

Hi liquidskin76,

No problem, it's not your fault.Wink

The aim of that kind of forum is to work together to improve things.

I don't think my work is better than another, I just think idoru should have told me before posting.Blush
HTPC: Lian Li PC-Q09F | Gigabyte GA-A75N-USB3 | AMD Fusion A6-3500 | Crucial M4 64 Go SSD | Kingston 4 Go DDR3 RAM | Scythe Kozuti | Be Quiet! SilentWings 2 80 mm
(2012-07-08, 16:56)Anquetos Wrote: Hi idoru,

I'll let you do the next updates since "you're back" and since my translations are "inconsistants" even if i'm not agree with some of the small modifications you've made...

It would have been nice if we could have discuss before you post a "correction" since i did the base translation. Wink

Lack of politeness.

Woww... I didn't intend to start a flame war nor did I said that your whole localization was awfull. I only said that there were strings that needed to be adjusted and after all, even if you didn't agree "with some of the small modifications I've made", I've made them openly as my goal wasn't to steal your place but to offer a nice clean french media portal to all french users. XBMC is really a wonderful piece of software, it would be a shame to undermine it, don't you think ?

In the "small modifications" departement, I've been in charge in french localizing 4th Dimension write/draw modules in the nineties, as well as translating international developers notes. I also did Dharma core localization (re did a bunch of strings in Eden core lately, attending to the french team for it's upload) and I'm also currently localizing XWidget's strings so I think that should do it...

If you find any of your strings more valuable, more up to it, be my guest !
(2012-07-09, 22:04)idoru17 Wrote: Woww... I didn't intend to start a flame war nor did I said that your whole localization was awfull. I only said that there were strings that needed to be adjusted and after all, even if you didn't agree "with some of the small modifications I've made", I've made them openly as my goal wasn't to steal your place but to offer a nice clean french media portal to all french users. XBMC is really a wonderful piece of software, it would be a shame to undermine it, don't you think ?

Totally agree! And?... I don't see the connection with the fact that you could have said: "Hey, do you mind if we work together on the strings because I think we can improve the translation?"

(2012-07-09, 22:04)idoru17 Wrote: In the "small modifications" departement, I've been in charge in french localizing 4th Dimension write/draw modules in the nineties, as well as translating international developers notes. I also did Dharma core localization (re did a bunch of strings in Eden core lately, attending to the french team for it's upload) and I'm also currently localizing XWidget's strings so I think that should do it...

That's why i will let you continue translations... your curriculum vitae is so impressive... are you interested in mine...?

(2012-07-09, 22:04)idoru17 Wrote: If you find any of your strings more valuable, more up to it, be my guest !

And finally, the cherry on the cake! Exactly why i'm upset. I did all the job, you made modification from my job without telling me and now I have to prove my strings are more valuable!!! Don't you think the situation is reversed?

Of course not! Your correction is so good that you're convinced that any of your modifications is what everyone was waiting for!!!

It's not a competition, we are here for for fun and for helping. No more fun for me. I'll let the professional do.

@liquidskin76: sorry for that.Confused
HTPC: Lian Li PC-Q09F | Gigabyte GA-A75N-USB3 | AMD Fusion A6-3500 | Crucial M4 64 Go SSD | Kingston 4 Go DDR3 RAM | Scythe Kozuti | Be Quiet! SilentWings 2 80 mm
(2012-07-10, 23:27)Anquetos Wrote: Totally agree! And?... I don't see the connection with the fact that you could have said: "Hey, do you mind if we work together on the strings because I think we can improve the translation?"

(2012-07-10, 23:27)Anquetos Wrote: That's why i will let you continue translations... your curriculum vitae is so impressive... are you interested in mine...?

(2012-07-10, 23:27)Anquetos Wrote: And finally, the cherry on the cake! Exactly why i'm upset. I did all the job, you made modification from my job without telling me and now I have to prove my strings are more valuable!!! Don't you think the situation is reversed?

Of course not! Your correction is so good that you're convinced that any of your modifications is what everyone was waiting for!!!

It's not a competition, we are here for for fun and for helping. No more fun for me. I'll let the professional do.

@liquidskin76: sorry for that.Confused

I forgot that some people needed to have they way paved in order to know where to put their feet... But I'm really pleased that "you'll let me go on with the localization" like it might be your call !
It is so frenchy to take for granted the square feet on which one stands... But please, don't make things backward, if you carefully read my posts, nowhere you'll find that you'll have to prove your work more valuable than mine, I said that if you weren't pleased with anything I've done then just revert it : "be my guest" do you remember ?

Last point, "if it's not a competition", I just don't see why you're so upset as there's no reward, it's only free contributor's work. Maybe some fame, who knows ? So, you know what, take whatever localization file you want, yours or mine, put your name on it so everybody will know WHO got the sweat and the world will go on !

PS: About CV, once more, I only advertised you by telling my past positions, not to make my work better than yours but to point that experience might be valuable and usefull. Comparing with yours is irrelevant as I've already seen the result ;.) (sorry to put myself in the shoes you've choosen).
I'll just apologize to the owner of this thread for any inconvenience !

Here's an italian translation by me, the skin is fully translated (except for "lockdown", i don't know how to translate it in italian, can someone explain me what does this lockdown do?). If you need to translate other strings in italian just ask me, i'll do it with pleasure!

Welo Italian Translation - Pastebin.com

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Welo Translations0