ati hdmi audio problems
(2012-07-06, 03:47)thrak76 Wrote: I had the same problem with 12.xx drivers for a HD 6450 as well.

I ended up rolling it back to an 11.10 driver and have had no problems since. Not going to upgrade the driver at all now. It was way too much of a hassle to finally get it working correctly.

I rolled back to 11.12 and it doesn't have the audio device issue.
I rolled back to 11.11 and still have the issue.

My setup is 6450 > pioneer vsx2020 > samsung tv

I would confirm its the PC. Set up another one and see if it has the same problem. Just thinking it may your AVR. Also try it without XBMC just to rule a setting in it.
Hi,

I'm using the Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H MB (and onboard ATI graphics), and have the same audio sync problem.

I'm currently using a macro to refresh the EDID connection, which sometimes works, sometimes not.

I'm wondering, if I install a separate no-fan-PCI graphics card such as a GT610, will this solve the problem? I'm also hoping that I can also enable HW acceleration if I do that as well...

Thanks.
Well it's been serveral months and still having this problem..

Has anyone made any progress on this issue?
(2013-01-24, 17:18)Thebluevoice Wrote: Well it's been serveral months and still having this problem..

Has anyone made any progress on this issue?

12.6 Beta fixed it for me
XBMC specs: MINIX U9-H LibreELEC 4K all day

Home Theater - Samsung 65KS8000 - Denon 3200- Ascend Acoustics speakers - Maelstrom 18in sealed sub 7cu ft - Behringer EP2500

UNraid Server – Pentium G3258 – MSI - H81M-P33 – Antec HCG-400M PS - 8Gb RAM
Hello all,

As a follow-up to this I came across a hack somewhere which seems to be working on my setup.

Pin 19 of the hdmi cable is a hot-plug signal carrier.

So to test I've simply put a slip of insulating tape over it before inserting it.
First I used moninfo to create an inf file for my avr (pioneer vsx-2020) and set windows (v7) to use it.

Had to start then shut down then start the computer again and since that all is well.
No more xbmc crashes and continued audio etc when turning off the tv, projector, changing input on the avr or even turning off the avr Smile

Some people may find the the need to pull-up pin 19 to 5v using a 1k resistor to pin 18?

The original forum is here http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Foru...80a21fdc2/
Its quite long and has been going on for years - way to go microsoft!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ati hdmi audio problems3