How to force 'Refresh' (not update) on all movies in library to update fanart?
I noticed that for movies already in the xbmc database new fanart (posters and backdrops) cannot be found from themoviedb scraper even if check those by selecting movies view -> information view -> 'get thumbs' or 'get fanart. I tried this by adding new backdrops into themoviedb.org for a couple of movies already in my xbmc movie database. Deleting sources and cleaning and updating databases from xbmc did not work. The fanart would stay the same no matter what I did. The only way I found to update movie fanart was to use movies view->information view->'Refresh' but this has to be done one movie at a time.

Is there a way to force Refresh on all movies?

For some reason tv-series´ fan art changes automatically so that the most popular poster and backdrop is always used. With movies, fanarts seems to change sometimes but not always.
I'd like to understand this as well. It's as if the list of fanart is stored at the first scrape and then there's no way of updating it.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
That is correct. You can only update the fanart links in the Db by a 'Refresh' which actually means re-scrape or by removing and re-add the source (not sure why is it not working fot the OP).
Isn't that overtaxing for the source website? Why rescrape everything? Honest question, there might be good reasons. Also, doing this would lose the watched status, wouldn't it?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2012-05-25, 01:59)ashlar Wrote: Isn't that overtaxing for the source website? Why rescrape everything? Honest question, there might be good reasons. Also, doing this would lose the watched status, wouldn't it?

if you set content to 'none' and back to movies again you should keep all watched data but info will be rescraped.

DO make a BACKUP before doing this
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
If you had to manually add some titles is it safe to assume you should export first?
I'm having the exact same issue, and can not get fanart to display no matter what i try (besides the 1-movie-at-a-time method refresh).
I am using the TMBD scraper with fanart enabled, but I also have nfo's and cover arts next to my movie files. About a dozen of my movies have fanarts in the folder with the movies, but almost all do not.
When the movie scraper runs it seems to scrape the local data, fill in the information from the nfo, add the cover, but for the life of me I can not get any fanart to show up from the internet.
I even tried the ARTWORK DOWNLOADER, but not a single image extra showed up. Which is even weirder because when I export my library in many files, they then place more fanarts by the movies in EXTRAFANART folders.

I am on Eden11.0 official release, windows xp, and my file structure is as follows
X:\M\Movie Name [2010]\Movie Name [2010].avi
along with Movie Name [2010].nfo and Movie Name [2010].tbn

Thanks in Advance

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to force 'Refresh' (not update) on all movies in library to update fanart?1