Mounting Inteset CIR in Antec ISK300-150 - ideas?
I'm resigned to the fact I'm finally going to have to take a drill to my lovely case to get this installed in a tidy fashion! Though the question is... where to drill the hole? Has anybody attempted this with an Inteset CIR?

From what I can see there seems to be a void area between the plastic front and the metal front of the case - would this be the best place to try and install it?

Just trying to get some advice before I break out the power tools!! Tongue
i would like to know this too...
not much room in ISK300 but im sure there's a way.
Looks like I'm going to be trying to mount it to the metal front of the case behind the plastic cover.

Will keep the thread updated with my progress! Smile
Ok keep us posted..... I love my remote receiver outside! you can place it anywhere....
(2012-05-17, 08:14)Beer40oz Wrote: I love my remote receiver outside! you can place it anywhere....
If it is a USB receiver, it is fine to place it anywhere. With the Inteset receiver, the wires and receiver board will be exposed.....

To get better signal, it have to be in the front faceplate......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Well I've made progress. Got the connector repinned OK, plugged in and installed CIR drivers from the ASRock website. Can boot the PC from cold now via the remote and all buttons seem to work, which is perfect!

To use it with my Harmony One remote I added two devices - 'MCE Keyboard' and 'Windows Media Center SE'. Between the two of them I have access to all buttons/keys I require.

Still on the to do list is turning off the Media Features, as I have had Windows Media Centre pop up a couple of times now. It seems from reading here that you need to find the Media Features settings for Win7 in 'Control Panel/Programs and Features/Turn Windows Features On/Off' and turn it off. Credit to 'Driver 944' for this info!

My idea of mounting it between the plastic front and the metal front of the case is a no go - not enough room to fit the PCB. So my new plan is to mount it to the front edge of the optical bay and drill a small hole in front of it for the sensor. Will let you know how I get on and hopefully add some pictures if it all goes well! Smile
yeah so us all Smile
The optical drive is mounted on a tray. So if four holes are drilled, then the bottom-mount holes of the 3.5" drive would secure the HDD to this tray. But I have not done this, and there is a frame member that could interfere with the drive (power and data) connectors.

Power Tools ShopTongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mounting Inteset CIR in Antec ISK300-150 - ideas?0