XBMC using mysql is frozen while cleaning up library
I just went to setting up my XBMC systems using mysql on a Synology NAS. Everything works fine except one area that I am not very happy with, when I scan my music library it completes the scan and then it sits on 'Cleaning up library' for literally 30 minutes to hour after scanning the music library. The problem I have when this happens all the XBMC clients in my house are frozen, during this time. Why is it taking such a long time to clean the library, and also why does it lock up everyone of the other XBMC machines during this time? Thank you.
It just finished scanning, and it took a total of 36 minutes and 16 seconds before XBMC started responding on any of my other machines. I realize I do have a lot of music(more than 60,000 tracks), but is this normal? I have posted the entries from my xbmc.log file(as you notice a large gap of time, and this was pretty much when nothing was responding) and on the screen it was saying 'Cleaning up library':

19:57:33 T:5192 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting smb://DISKSTATION/music/Music/Music/Downloads/
20:33:59 T:16392 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
20:33:59 T:16392 NOTICE: My Music: Scanning for music info using worker thread, operation took 37:16
20:34:00 T:21240 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
Guess from the replies I have received I am the only that has had this issue.
There are an endless number of variables that could be at play here. In other words, if this is still a problem then we need more info to be able to help you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC using mysql is frozen while cleaning up library0