Imdb from nfo
hi together,

if its wrong to post something like this in here, sorry.

i think it would be great if xbmc would get the imdb-link out of a *.nfo in the directory of the movie file(s).

in online manual it says that this should work, but it doesnt seems so.

would like to know if it works, or if this idea is generally a good one

thx & regards
it is supposed to.

post an example *.nfo file that doesn't work.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i doesn't seem to work for me either.  i have the following files in my videos directory:

the incredibles.iso
the incredibles.nfo

the incredibles.nfo file contains the single line:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317705

any help would be appreciated.
thanks
see if adding .nfo to <videoextensions> in xboxmediacenter.xml then launching/running the .nfo from my videos does anything

if it doesnt, then this is a feature that is no longer in cvs, and can thus be removed from online manual, feel free to make the change if it doesnt work.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

the code is there to do it, but isn't currently active, as .nfo files are ignored in the directory listings (at the code level). not sure exactly how this was designed to work, but i guess the idea is that in showimdb(), we should look for <filename>.nfo and use that if it exists.

cheers,
jonathan

hi

i tried to add .nfo to video-extension, funny thing it still doesnt display the .nfo file under my videos.. Shocked

i also tried it with a single http://... line in .nfo

no one has concrete information on that?

i personally would prefer an implementation, that on imdb lookup / search entire directory, every folder which contains a *.nfo will get the information of the link and all other files will be ignored.

would be really great (no long lookup, no different suggestions for the movie etc.)
Quote:the code is there to do it, but isn't currently active, as .nfo files are ignored in the directory listings (at the code level).

that is as concrete as you are going to get.

it will stay this way until i think of a way to fix it, or another developer fixes it.

i had some spare time. fixed in cvs.

hi,
has anybody got it to work after jmarshall fixed it?

i don't get the .nfo listing and if i try to add the movie info via the lookup "info" on the remote, it also does not query the .nfo file.

regs
floris
as i say, it's working fine for me.

i have these two files in a folder on my xbox:

finding nemo.avi
finding nemo.nfo

the contents of finding nemo.nfo are:

http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0266543

note that http://www.imdb.com works as well.

i've just updated the code now so that the information is saved in the database (before it wasn't, but the lookup still worked).

cheers,
jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Imdb from nfo0