Android remote really slow on Xperia S
I have just upgraded my mobile phone from a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i to a Sony Xperia S and everything is working so much faster - everything that is apart from the XBMC Android remote (annoyingly about the only snappy app on my X10i!)

I have configured both devices the same and when using the remote they respond equally as quickly - however when browsing the library while the X10i would respond pretty much instantly, the Xperia S takes 10 - 15 seconds, if it bothers to respond at all - even the act of hitting the "try again and connect" button takes 15 seconds for the screen to populate, where the X10i was instant.

Both are connected to the same WiFi network and are talking to a newly (start of this month) installed copy of XBMC Eden on Ubuntu LTS 12.04. Both handsets are on Gingerbead (2.3.3 on the X10i, 2.3.7 on the Xperia S) and both are using the stock T-Mobile UK firmware.

In the web browser on the phone I can access http://192.168.6.61:8080 just fine and control from there pretty instantly.

Does anyone know what the issue is likely to be, or is there any debug stuff I can provide to help narrow it down? (I can use DDMS even if I don't understand all of it).

Hmm, I don't know what has happened - an update on the XBMC side perhaps - but this has now become usable. Doesn't get the TV show banners for more than five shows but other than that is working fine Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android remote really slow on Xperia S0