Win Best way to achieve live tv
Current config

Mac mini (2011) 8gb ram. 256gb ssd. Osx10.6 running win7 via bootcamp.

Goal is to view my hdhomerun prime via xbmc ultimately. I understand there are some issues with this without a proper back end such as mythtv, tvheadend or for the record.

I am not able to view live tv at the moment via wmc unfortunately. I continue to receive an error that this configuration is not compatible. Anybody have a similar setup with any knowledge they would like to share?

Better yet any suggestions? If this does not work the mini will be going up for sale so I can invest in an alternative setup.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
You're tying to do Digital Cable with that HDHomerun Prime? You might be disappointed with the channel selection you get with that in anything other than WMC.

I'm guesisng the problem is the cable labs certification is hitting you with that on a OSX machine, but I'm not sure... A native Win7 WMC solution should work better. Once you go to Myth, TVHeadend, etc you lose anything marked as copy protected by your cable provider... Do your homework before you take the plunge into Live TV. Here in the states, it's very restrictive, I'm doing OTA broadcasts without a problem, but paid TV seems to be pretty difficult to sling around. Outside of the USA I think people have it much easier...
Went w bootcamp install of win7 and all is working. Will just awitch between mc7 and xbmc depending on what i am watching

Ty
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best way to achieve live tv0