configure buttons for VRC-1100 remote
I have the MCE remote VRC-1100 and have already looked at the thread below to try and configure it. I'm new to Linux so a lot of the instructions went over my head.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...for_Ubuntu

All I want to do is configure the remote so I can use certain keyboard commands rather then get up and tap the keyboard. The keys in question are currently \ and C. The remote works as soon as you plug it in with the majority of commands except these two. As I mentioned earlier, the instructions with LIRC seem complicated and I couldn't get my head around them. Is there an easier method where I can use a GUI or simple text editor at all?

I have the same remote and it's very easy to program the buttons for XBMC without having to use LIRC. The remote can be recognized simply as a USB keyboard device by going through the XBMC menus: System/Settings/System/Input device and activating the "Remote control sends keyboard presses" option.

Next, you'll need to create a keyboard.xml file in ~/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps with your override key definitions. I use the "Guide" button for ToggleFullScreen ("\" on keyboard) and the "1" button for ContexMenu ("C" on keyboard). The keyboard.xml entries for these two definitions are as follows:
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <g mod="ctrl">ToggleFullscreen</g>         <!-- Guide button toggles full-screen  -->
      <numpadone>ContextMenu</numpadone>         <!-- Numeric 1 button displays context menu -->
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>
Of course, you can choose whichever unused remote buttons you want for these functions. You can look in /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml for the default XBMC keyboard definitions and, from the information there, you can add other entries to your user keyboard.xml to (re)program most of the other remote control buttons. It should be noted that many of the buttons already work well in XBMC (without having to define them) once you enable the option to send key presses.

Thanks for your response. I'll try that this weekend. I had already ticked the box in xbmc to see what it did. Will be handy to be able to control everything with the remote. Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
configure buttons for VRC-1100 remote0