Win importing TV shows from seperate files
hello there

I have just upgraded XBMC from v11.0 to the "experimental" 12.0-APLHA 2 GIT_20120509 https://github.com/DDDamian/xbmc/downloads
this was to be able to use bitstreaming, master audio and dolby true HD.
so I exported all my videos to seperate files in each folder, uninstallet the old version and installed the new one.
now I told XBMC to scan my library, and after some fiddling back and forth it finally scanned and and I watched it finding all my movies and tv shows (with episodes), no problem.
when I go to movies, everything is there and they start when I click on the in the movie library.
but I go the TV-show section I see all my tv-shows as entries, as they should, but all the entries are empty, there is no season and no episodes in any of them ??

I have tried resetting the content telling what the main folder contains, and even tried setting the content for a separate folder, still with the same outcome. no seasons and no episodes.

here as debugging log where I try to rescan a single tv-show
http://pastebin.com/w3yygqu2

Hope someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong
Judging by the date of the build, I think this is caused by a bug where the idshow value wasn't being set in the episode table when you scanned in new episodes. It's since been fixed, so just grab a newer nightly and rescan.

... And welcome to the wacky world of nightly builds, where there'll always be something wrong Wink
ok thanks for the tip would I be able to just installe the newest nightly right on top of my current installation, or should uninstall the other one.
oh and do you know if the new Audio Engine is part of the nightly builds now since that is what I was looking to begin with ??
Yep, AE is all merged in and no doubt causing it's own set of bugs Tongue There shouldn't be any need to uninstall, you should be fine just to install over.
thanks for the info and help, have already installed the next version XBMCSetup-20120515-2e8ed55-master.exe lets see if that does it better.
I too have suddenly experienced a similar situation, but I'm on release 11.0 for windows. Prior to today, when I selected a TV show, it would list the season information (note, season folders are listed in the files section). I tried updating to the latest nightly build, but that has not had any affect.
20120509 did not include AE.
Why did you feel it was necessary to export / import for the update?
If you are afraid of your data, you should just backup your userdata folder prior to updating,
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(2012-05-16, 22:12)sho Wrote: 20120509 did not include AE.
If you are afraid of your data, you should just backup your userdata folder prior to updating,

Could this response BE any more useless? I didn't import or export anything. I merely applied the nightly build to see if that might provide a fix.
(2012-05-16, 22:59)billolzak Wrote:

Could this response BE any more useless? I didn't import or export anything. I merely applied the nightly build to see if that might provide a fix.
This is what happens when you jump on someone elses thread - doubt the response was anything to do with your comment and everything to do with the OP - looks like an apology might be due.
(2012-05-16, 23:32)steelman1991 Wrote:
(2012-05-16, 22:59)billolzak Wrote:

This is what happens when you jump on someone elses thread - doubt the response was anything to do with your comment and everything to do with the OP - looks like an apology might be due.

My apologies to all. In situations like this, it would be helpful to all of us to address the poster to avoid confusion. In the meantime, I will tone my reactions down several notches.
@billolzak: I suspect your problem may be separate to this - particularly if it hits Eden (there's been a bunch of changes since, and the original poster hit a version where there were known issues). Perhaps you could detail your issue more precisely in a separate thread?
hey there, just returned to my thread.
looks like other people are having similar problem, as I mentioned in my last post I installed this nightly XBMCSetup-20120515-2e8ed55-master.exe, which turned out as extreme unstable, but my tv-shows did return atleast. but after half of an hour, it began to crash after about 1.5 min. so now I have installed this version XBMC-Eden11.0 HD-audio.zip - https://github.com/DDDamian/xbmc/downloads

now everything seems stable, my TV-Shows are working and I am able to use DTS-HD Master Audio.
so now everything is perfect
I've copied my log file here -> /show.php?id=2728&hash=73483271. Hopefully I did it properly. For further clarification, I'm running windows 7 64 SP1. You may also note that now my Pandora script is bombing as well. Not sure what is going on. Again, I appreciate all the help.
@jmarshall: any chance someone has had an opportunity to look at my log file to see why I'm suddenly having problems with by TV shows and now Pandora?

Thanks!
OK, so I finally find out that Pandora is broken, but I still can't get the TV series to show up. My file structure is C:\TV\Damages\Season 3\Season_3_Disc_1 and the discs are incremented for the full season. As stated before, the discs appear when I select Video->Files->TV.

Thanks in advance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
importing TV shows from seperate files0