HDMI passthrough to TV speakers question
I'm running Eden with the following setup in windows

HTPC -> HDMI -> Denon AVR2312 -> HDMI -> Samsung LCD

Audio with the amp on works great, and when passthrough is active I get windows audio and XBMC menu audio, but no dts down converted audio for movies. I get the failed to initialize audio device (I'm using the wasapi nvidia hdmi driver) If I go in and change the audio settings and uncheck "DTS capable receiver" it works over the tv speakers.

In an effort to make my setup wife approved, I'm wondering if there is a way to do this automatically when using passthrough yet go back to DTS enabled when using the amp. Is this a side effect of being misconfigured some how?
Did you select the correct WASAPI:...................in XBMC settings/system/audio output?
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
About the only way to deal with this is to use profiles - not a great solution. Obviously your receiver accepts DTS and your TV doesn't - not at all uncommon. I just always leave the receiver on.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI passthrough to TV speakers question0