Awesome XBMC Android player
This android device would be perfect android XBMC player - http://www.tradekey.com/product_view/id/3382324.htm

I saw that XBMC for android is standing still [1] so maybe some cool hadrware motivates new developers to start making it work on android...

[1] http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Dev...or_Android
Very little stands still....
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Is there some progress on android version that is not shown on the wiki page?
yes but we would have to...
perfect pick Ned Wink
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Ned thx - have to remember this - comes in handy often haha
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
he he, cool. What are the droids you are looking for? Anything specifical missing in this one I posted?
(2012-05-17, 12:02)valent Wrote: he he, cool. What are the droids you are looking for? Anything specifical missing in this one I posted?

In the movie Obi-wan lies and convinces them they are not the droids, but they are the droids they are looking for.

The player you posted is an Allwinner A10 SoC, which the hacking community is going nuts over right now. They're trying to get ARM Linux to run on it in such a way that XBMC could indeed run on it. In other words, if those people are successful then you wouldn't need an Android port.

All of that is 3rd party, though. Nothing official from Team XBMC regarding the A10, that I know of.
Are Team XBMC concentrating on getting a version working on FXI's Cotton Candy?
I installed the 'Official XBMC Remote' on my android and was rather disappointed it didn`t have the option to also play content.
It`s a great remote but cannot watch content on my phone/device.

Yesterday I installed 'XBMC Media Player ZappoTV'. This is what the official remote needs to be.
This so called player just links to my mapped video files, not even really the library and then
launches my "Moboplayer" so I can watch and listen to my XBMC stuff. It remembers where I stopped watching etc.
What I like the least is it`s bulky and you need a email (used my spam) account since you have to register (who knows why) to use it.

Just thought I share it since I couldn`t find it on a search.
Kodi - Windows 7_x64 14.2 Helix
OpenELEC - Generic x86_64 v5.0.8
OpenELEC - Raspberry Pi2 v5.0.8
Ember media manger 1.3.0.20 (thx DanCooper)
Media Companion v3.620b (thx Vbat99)
Rashad TVRenamer 0.7 Beta 2/EPnamer v1.45
Calibre-ebook

Why should a remote also be a player? A remote is just that, I like the android remote, I use it for music all the time.

Maybe you are really looking for an Android version of XBMC and not a remote?
I do hope we can all agree that XBMC on android would be life changing. I'm not worried, it has to happen some day.
But for now, Dice player over ftp will do.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Awesome XBMC Android player0