zbox ID82 or ID80
Hey all, recent reader first time poster.

I've noticed a few threads here and there regarding the ID82 but none really say "yay or nay" - would really like someone else's input on the validity of the Zotac zbox ID82 as it applies to XMBC.

I was going to delve into the zboc ID80 (with nvidia) but for $100 more I can snag the more modern/powerful/efficient ID82 but just wanted to be aware if there are any issues or hassles to look out for.

The box will run off a SOHO NAS (cat 5), stream mostly tunes + movies + web(?). Not into 3D or linux control line, just want a solid player/streamer with maybe some TV (via TV dongle) at a later stage.

Any one have any experience and/or qualified comments ? I'll supply beer + cookies ;-)
I'd go with the ID80. The Atom CPU will give you a lower power XBMC box that will still play 1080p video smoothly. I always go with the NVidia GPUs with XBMCbuntu and haven't had any issues. Didn't need to touch the command line as both sound and video worked out of the box with my latest install (the Zotac ZBOX ID41-U).
HTPC 1 - Zotac ZBOX ID80U | 4GB RAM | 64GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
HTPC 2 - Zotac ZBOX ID41U | 4GB RAM | 60GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
Server - unRAID Server | 3 x 2TB WD Green HDD, 1TB WD Black HDD (Cache) | Sabnzbd | CouchPotato | Sickbeard
The ID82 has an Intel HD3000 GPU. In the past Intel GPUs have given problems with hardware acceleration, though I can't remember if there are problems with the HD3000.
Settled on the ID80. Too many unkowns with the 82 & 3000 GPU. Thx for the inputSmile
(2012-05-17, 10:49)jhsrennie Wrote: The ID82 has an Intel HD3000 GPU. In the past Intel GPUs have given problems with hardware acceleration, though I can't remember if there are problems with the HD3000.

Yes, I can verify that there are problems with hardware acceleration with the HD3000.
I had written some stuff about my first experience with ID82, which was negative. After a reinstall of the OS, it's all perfect without changing any of the settings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
zbox ID82 or ID800