Skin Quirk
Hey all I think I may have stumbled upon what I would call more of a quirk than a bug I suppose. In my movie listings I get some over lap with some of the info.

The strange thing is that if I play the file or re scrape it from within the skin it clears up. If you need any more information reguarding this issue just let me know and I will provide all that I can.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Something doesn't look right with the aspect ratio there.....the background looks squished but the posters look fine. What is your resolution? Which version of the skin are you using, the stable from the XBMC repo or the git version from the Passion repo? I just set mine to the same view and don't see the issue.
All the views I made have bugs and need someone who actually know what they're doing to clean them up, sorry about that. There's also a bug where the left most poster isn't shown while browsing recent titles + scrolling left + only showing watched titles... yeah it's that specific Wink
(2012-05-17, 17:49)Aenima99x Wrote: Something doesn't look right with the aspect ratio there.....the background looks squished but the posters look fine. What is your resolution? Which version of the skin are you using, the stable from the XBMC repo or the git version from the Passion repo? I just set mine to the same view and don't see the issue.

I'm guessing I've set the width too wide for the posters and the built in screenshot function takes a snapshot of the whole width, not just what's shown on screen. Again, I had no idea what I was doing when I made it.
its git from the passion repo
(2012-05-17, 18:01)sialivi Wrote: I'm guessing I've set the width too wide for the posters and the built in screenshot function takes a snapshot of the whole width, not just what's shown on screen. Again, I had no idea what I was doing when I made it.

I don't think that's the case, as he mentioned it goes away if he rescrapes them.

@Hudson_Hawk04, since I've never seen this here, do you have any idea what brings on the issue? Reproducing the problem is the first step. I can go over the views with a fine-toothed comb, but I just have limited time at the moment.

Is there anything in the debug log indicating a skin error?
hey all here is the log file from boot up, I will go over it as well.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=2763
I looked through the skin loading process and found an error that occurred at lines 301, 391 and 453 it states the following: ERROR: unable to load:/root/.xbmc/addons/skin.metropolis.svn/720p/DialogExtendedProgressBar.xml, Line 0 Failed to open file

There was also an error showing at line 407 that states the following:ERROR: Control 1 in window 10099 has been asked to focus, but it can't
and at 421 that states:ERROR: CheckDisplayEvents - no display event after 3 seconds

I hope this helps clear things up, again love the skin keep up the great work.
(2012-05-19, 15:28)Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote: I looked through the skin loading process and found an error that occurred at lines 301, 391 and 453 it states the following: ERROR: unable to load:/root/.xbmc/addons/skin.metropolis.svn/720p/DialogExtendedProgressBar.xml, Line 0 Failed to open file

Are you running the official XBMC 11.0 release? If not, could you try that and see if you can reproduce it?

If you still see the issue, would you mind deleting and reinstalling Metropolis? It will retain your custom skin settings when doing this.
on one of my machines I am running 11.0 stable, I will check tomorrow and see if I can reproduce the error
I have reverted my crystalbuntu to 11 final from pvr and switched from git to the official xbmc repo and the instances of the behavior I reported earlier have greatly reduced, as of right now I only have one occurance and I think I know what the issue is, just waiting to install gimp to make sure. I will report back with my findings.

I think I know where the problem was, at least with the one remaining issue I was having, it was a custom cover that I had put together and I sized it wrong in gimp and I think that was what threw everything off. I will check out a debug log from boot up tomorrow and report my findings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin Quirk0