iOS Can't get TVout to work with latest nightly build
I have installed the latest nightly build, compiled may 16. And from what I have read, TVout should be supported in this build. I went out and bought an official apple hdmi TVout cord, but when I connected it my iPhone it said I need to do an iOS update. Im running iOS 5.01. To my understanding, iOS 5.1.1 is not jailbroken yet for iPhone 4S, so it's pointless for me to update as I will lose XBMC. Now is this the reason why I cant get TVout from xbmc? Because I need to do an update, or is there something I am still doing wrong? Also, to switch to the display I would go under settings -> system -> video output and switch the Display Mode, correct? I would figure since my iPhone is jailbroken I could easily avoid the necessary update from apple to make the hdmi cable work.
no update needed - this even works with ios 4.3 and maybe earlier. Please post a xbmc.log after starting xbmc with the tv turned on and connected via hdmi...

Revert: seems apple modified there hdmi adapters latly so that they need ios 5.1.1 for working. We'll see if these are still working with xbmc - once a jailbreak is out and someone with such a new adapter can test it...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I can see the option to switch the screen, but nothing happens when I click on it, it just flashes.

here is my log.

http://pastebin.com/XBHKcCyf

So, you're saying that even though the HDMI cable needs an iOS update, I dont need to update for xbmc to work with the cable? This is a new apple HDMI cable that needs iOS 5.1.1
I revert my assumption in that case. I'm just wondering how apple realised an os detection within that adapter. Your log shows me that apple hides your tv from xbmc.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Thank you for checking it out. Looks like I'll just have to wait a couple weeks for the new 5.1.1 jailbreak that is rumored to release.
Updated to 5.1.1 today, and jailbreaked! Cable is now recognized, and outputting to TV. Just ran into a new problem however. When switching Display Mode in XBMC I switched to Full Screen #2 which is my TV. It then switches displays but the resolution is way off. It blows up the screen huge! As if its still using 960x640, and not a higher resolution. Is there a fix for this?

Fixed the problem, I just had to change the resolution, by guessing what it was, I couldn't actually see what it was set to. So in conclusion it works now!
Seems only resolution that works is 1280x720. Should it output to 1920x1080? Whenever it switches to this resolution it blows the image up, not fitted correctly. This normal?
Out of town and forgot my AV adapter, but I'm thinking I am in the same boat and this update will fix my TV out. Good to hear it's working for you.

Memphiz mentioned that a standard Apple API is used for TV out, so I would think 1080 would show up as an available resolution for iPhone 4s and iPad 2&3 automatically. Debug log should tell us what resolutions are showing up as options for XBMC.
(2012-05-17, 20:24)tranceology3 Wrote: I have installed the latest nightly build, compiled may 16. And from what I have read, TVout should be supported in this build. I went out and bought an official apple hdmi TVout cord, but when I connected it my iPhone it said I need to do an iOS update. Im running iOS 5.01. To my understanding, iOS 5.1.1 is not jailbroken yet for iPhone 4S, so it's pointless for me to update as I will lose XBMC. Now is this the reason why I cant get TVout from xbmc? Because I need to do an update, or is there something I am still doing wrong? Also, to switch to the display I would go under settings -> system -> video output and switch the Display Mode, correct? I would figure since my iPhone is jailbroken I could easily avoid the necessary update from apple to make the hdmi cable work.

i have ipod touch with xbmc and when i try to play in tv using apple av composite cable is not show on tv do i need to set up somethinf in ipdo or xbmc?
yes settings->system->video

set ouput to fullscreen #2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't get TVout to work with latest nightly build0