Music: Musicbrainz vs AllMusic
I know similar questions have come up before, but I haven't been able to find a good solution for me. I have a lot of music that has all been tagged with picard (uses musicbrainz). There is a significant number of my CDs that do not get scrapped correctly by the allmusic scrapper.

For example, I have THIS CD from musicbrains, which is in allmusic too, HERE. However, it doesn't get scrapped correctly, presumably because musicbrainz titles it as "16 Biggest Hits, Volume II" while allmusic uses "16 Biggest Hits, Vol. 2". Is there a quick way to correct these? I know I can "refresh" each one to manually select the CD from allmusic...but I'd rather not spend an entire day doing that if I can avoid it Smile

I know there is a scrapper for musicbrainz, but it is only for "Artists", there wasn't one for "Albums", which is the view I prefer.

Also...I have a number of CDs that are simply not in the allmusic database at all. What can I do for these? For example, THIS CD is in musicbrainz, but not in allmusic. What is my best option?

Thanks!
For those odd ones I use SQLiteSpy and enter my own blurbs into the db...
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
I would definitely love to see a MusicBrainz scraper instead of AllMusic.

on http://fanart.tv we are now also adding large high quality musicthumbs. If we could combine those two together I think we have something a lot better instead of those tiny low quality from allmusic
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Yes, I wish there was a MusicBrainz scrapper too! If I knew how to make one and had some more free time, I'd try it out.

Thanks for the SQLiteSpy idea DDDamian...I might go that route if I don't find a better solution. But with how many wrong matches I have, that would sadly be a very long project. Still hoping to avoid that for the moment.
And now there is one!
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=132592
Hail Olympia - scraping guru!
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music: Musicbrainz vs AllMusic0