Multi disc albums in library
Is there a way to get a library view like this when you select a multi disc album?
(found this screenshot in this topic, but the question has never been answered there)

Right now it just takes you to a list with the tracks from all CD's combined.
No. Why do you need the intermediate step anyway?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

My music folder structure is like that so I'm used to it. The way it works now is also fine but I was just curious if a view like this would be possible.
I sometimes split my multi-disc albums by title: eg Quadrophenia D1, Quadrophenia D2. They show up as separate albums right next to each other in the library menu, but not in a subfolder.
(2012-05-19, 00:18)jmarshall Wrote: No. Why do you need the intermediate step anyway?

My main library is in iTunes, where the convention to number multi-disc albums is to use the disc number setting and start at track 1 for each new disc. So you get:
CD1, track 1
CD1, track 2
CD1, track ...
CD1, track 10
CD2, track 1
CD2, track 2
CD2, track ...
CD2, track 10
CD3, track 1
etc.

But if I import these files into XBMC's library they'll show as:
CD1, track 1
CD2, track 1
CD3, track 1
CD1, track 2
CD2, track 2
etc...

Having a way for XBMC to respect disc number, either in an intermediate step or when ordering the files, would help with that.
Then you're not sorting by tracknumber. Sort by track number and they should sort correctly.

Alternatively, your disc tag isn't being read by XBMC. Check what type of files they are and what tag it's being stored in.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi disc albums in library0