Need remote help pls. Can't get MCE remote mappings.
I've been workin on this for a few days but every "How To" and explanation page I've found are different. I need help... Sad I have the latest stable XBMC and a Dell RC6 MCE remote with it's original receiver.

I can't figure out what variables to tweak. So some questions:

Do I need the MCE Remote program app?
Do I need eventghost?
Do I need to edit the registry?
Do I need to edit the Windows Keyboard .xml?
Do I need to edit the Windows Remote .xml?
Do I need to edit the XBMC Keyboard .xml?
Do I need to edit the XBMC Remote .xml?
Is there a way to power on a HTPC with just the MCE remote? (Similar to WOL but without having to sit at another machine or cellphone to send a packet to an off XBMC HTPC)?

The RC6 works fairly well outta box but I need tweaks. I've had the MCERemote 'program app' which did nothing and I've tried editing random .xml files with no results. Every guide I find tells users to "Get this program" or "Edit your Windows Keyboard .xml" or "Edit your XBMC Remote .xml"... And you get the picture. I have a Windows MCE Remote and I didn't think it would be so hard to edit a few mappings.

Any guide for complete dummies with the same windows remote as mine would be very helpful. I'd link some forum threads that google brought me too but there's been so many it would take days just to track them down in my history. So any links are welcome.

Thanks!!!
This URL got me started in setting up my HP MCE Remote... It does need some work but the effort is worth it.

http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/index.html

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need remote help pls. Can't get MCE remote mappings.0