Xbmc iPad Eden launch video on tv
Hi

I'm currently designing an xbmc system for my new house, is there anyway I can use a jail broken iPad running Eden to as my control interface but when I click play on a movie, app etc it could start the movie playing on my htpc running Eden connected to my tv.

I know there are apps available to control xbmc but they don't control addons and everyone I try seems to crash a lot

Thanks in advance for any advice
To my understanding you don't want to use an app, but you want an installation of xbmc on the ipad to control another xbmc. This have been discussed in this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=91435

I believe it would take a lot of effort to get something like that working. I can see why you would want to do this, because it would be an nice and cool feature.

I think it is more likely that someday the ipad apps will support addons. Many addons are just list views, so maybe in the future it would be possible that an app could show these lists.
As already told on the other two threads you posted this on:
Not possible atm, and far from easy to add as a feature.
But i too can see the benefits of the idea. Another benefit would be synchronous multi room playback (why stop at controlling a xbmc instance from an ipad...)

But speaking as a developer of a remote control:
If you experience crashes, please report them. Errors in programs are only human. And while we do a lot of testing, we will always miss a bug or two.
As for addons: There already is a way to get plugins that are represented as lists (like the youtube plugin) to show up on the remote, but as soon as an addon opens a window (like eg. when you hit the "search" item) XBMC expects direct interaction and the remote is left out in the rain. Unfortunately i see no way out of this atm.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc iPad Eden launch video on tv0