Black XBMC icon on apple tv menu.
Hi:
I've spend most of the day reading and reading but can't find an answer on the forum so I decided to post my question/problem. I'm new to all this jailbreak XBMC, apple tv 2 stuff. After spending days reading and reading how to to it today I finally decided to give it a try. figure out the Jailbreak park and was successfully done! but the xbmc installation got me in trouble. I followed the instructions on the appletvhack.net website on how to install xbmc, that didn't work, found on Wikipedia instructions and after entering every command and plugging in the hdmi cable I get the xbmc letters but the icon is black. If I click it I see xbmc, select it and it goes back to the main menu. What is the problem?, any suggestions?. Thanks for your help. Jim
Will need more: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92480
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
Follow our guide: iOS FAQ (wiki)
hi jim, i have the same problem, did you happen to get it fixed ? did anyone help you ?
nick
(2012-05-18, 21:22)jimcruz Wrote: Hi:
I've spend most of the day reading and reading but can't find an answer on the forum so I decided to post my question/problem. I'm new to all this jailbreak XBMC, apple tv 2 stuff. After spending days reading and reading how to to it today I finally decided to give it a try. figure out the Jailbreak park and was successfully done! but the xbmc installation got me in trouble. I followed the instructions on the appletvhack.net website on how to install xbmc, that didn't work, found on Wikipedia instructions and after entering every command and plugging in the hdmi cable I get the xbmc letters but the icon is black. If I click it I see xbmc, select it and it goes back to the main menu. What is the problem?, any suggestions?. Thanks for your help. Jim
i have the same issue !!!! i will e waiting for the correct fix
(2012-05-22, 19:42)nickshere Wrote: hi jim, i have the same problem, did you happen to get it fixed ? did anyone help you ?
nick
(2012-05-18, 21:22)jimcruz Wrote: Hi:
i have the same issue !!!! i will e waiting for the correct fix

guess you are using ios 5.1 the this is the solution

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1062347
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-05-22, 23:06)Memphiz Wrote: guess you are using ios 5.1 the this is the solution

i am 5.0.1. shud i still follow thread ?

(2012-05-22, 23:23)nickshere Wrote:
(2012-05-22, 23:06)Memphiz Wrote: guess you are using ios 5.1 the this is the solution

i am 5.0.1. shud i still follow thread ?

OMG it worked !!!!!!!!!!! thank you so much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you very much again ! !! but my next question is i have nitoTV and xbmc, obviously ,,, so how do i go on the internet now ? i have no browser. what do i do ?..

if anyone needs the code here it is
apt-get update
mkdir -p /Applications/AppleTV.app/Appliances
apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
mkdir -p /Applications/XBMC.frappliance
wget http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/atv2/deb/org...os-arm.deb
dpkg -i org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-3_iphoneos-arm.deb
rm org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-3_iphoneos-arm.deb
Why would you need a browser/ where does it say you get one? XBMC doesn't not come with one. It is a media center/player.
Set Up
well i want to be able to surf the web from the ATV, i thought that was one good thing about the JB,.if you look around there is a widget/icon called couch surfer for firecore , but they want 30 dollars for that JB. and i went threw so much trouble already with this ATV i don't want to jailbreak again but if i ever unplug it I'm screwed cause its a tethered JB
your right, i just put xbmc on there to have it, but i really want to be able to surf the net.... any ideas ?
The jailbreak and the software are not related they just come from the same company. Fire core release the jailbreak (always free) via SeasonPass, you can then optionally buy their package of software (ATV Flash) that will come with the browser.

Also you aren't screwed as you just need to tethered boot if you ever unplug it. It's pretty easy. I think there is a browser type add on for xbmc. Check in the add ons sections of the forum.
Set Up
i went to the fire core web site and their price was 29.95, do know if its worth it... i did unplug it already and found i had to tether boot and redo all the after programs back in, so its kinda a pain in the a@@, i really appreciate the time you took to answer some questions !!! i may just spent the 30 bucks, i don't know yet..

Web browsing is pretty awful on the ATV2. If you're considering paying $30 just for the web browser capabilities, you're going to be disappointed. Couch Surfer does not support Flash. Some HTML5 stuff works. But you'll be unable to watch most videos, and quite a bit of other functionality will be hindered. It's not a full functioning browser by any means. Also, it's really painful to navigate and browse with the Apple remote.

Also, regarding your tethered boot, you don't have to re-load anything after you reboot tethered. I'm not sure what you mean by that. If you reboot without doing a tethered boot, the jailbreak only apps will not be present. But if you reboot using the tethered boot method, all the jailbreak only apps you previously installed will be there again exactly as they were before. There's no need to reinstall or redo any of the programs. If so, you're doing something wrong.
you know what, i think when i did the second JB i shut of just did the tether and not the whole jailbreak, i reinstalled the JB i did everything all over again not relizing i can just do the tether. wow, thank you very much, now i know i don't have to do the whole JB i can just do the tether.. ! lol.. see, you live and learn everyday , and i just learned something. ! thx !
Also if you install it it will install fire cores media player which makes xbmc unstable (not sure of you can install parts separately).
Set Up
Firecore should have those parts updated so that everything should be fine with Firecore and XBMC living side-by-side. However, I have not tested this myself.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black XBMC icon on apple tv menu.0