[REQUEST] Alternativ TV scraper to thetvdb.com, please.
(2012-09-07, 00:38)Oddsodz Wrote: What does make me giggle here is the fact that the scrapping sites like thetvdb.com are free to almost everybody, Yet some folks still can not be happy about it. And have to mouth off like they was robbed or it was the end of the world. If a tv listing is not to your liking. Then make your own .NFO files to suit your needs. I Myself am very thankful for the thetvdb.com. And the day when thetvdb.com and fanart.tv merge/conjoin/become as one, The better it will be. NOTE.... That is not going to happen as far as I know. But the images at fanart.tv and the show info at thetvdb.com are second to none. The day all that info is held in one easy system, The better it will be.

So does that mean because it is free then we should accept it's lack of functionality? I appreciate that it is free but seeing as how the 'community' is the one adding all this information, banners, backgrounds and so on, I think we should at least be able to approach the admins and say "Pardon me, there is a problem with this entry, might I change it?" without being told "nah you'd just screw it up anyway!". The information on this scraper is very much community driven and a lot of people have spent a lot of time and effort to make it what it is so I do think the people get the right to speak their mind.
(2011-09-24, 08:06)Sranshaft Wrote: I've always found the mods over at TheTVDb to be some of the most arrogant, elitest people on the internet. To call their userbase Dumb bastards is a bit over the line. Especially when they rely on that same userbase to help create and maintain the website. Unfortunately though, there simply isn't another TV database to use at the moment.

They come off arrogant and from know on I will be using NFO's Smile

Post by Coco
Quote:I understand what you want but we can't please everybody. If you really want to list it as six episodes I suggest using nfo files.
Please don't PM me. Post in the forums instead unless there is a very good reason for a PM or I won't answer you.
Post by Me (Reroshaggy)
Quote:Then why is there separate entries for Aired, DVD and Absolute? I own the DVD and the episodes are split.
An honest and not rude question, just wanted to know.
Post by hikaricore
Quote:That's nice, but dvd ordering does not currently allow us to make 3 episodes into 6 so it is impossible for us to accommodate you here. As was already mentioned, please use nfo files. It's not that difficult.

That's nice! is this person for real? At least I haven't had to deal with nubs at TMDB so there's that.
(2013-03-23, 16:59)Reroshaggy Wrote:
(2012-09-07, 00:38)Oddsodz Wrote: What does make me giggle here is the fact that the scrapping sites like thetvdb.com are free to almost everybody, Yet some folks still can not be happy about it. And have to mouth off like they was robbed or it was the end of the world. If a tv listing is not to your liking. Then make your own .NFO files to suit your needs. I Myself am very thankful for the thetvdb.com. And the day when thetvdb.com and fanart.tv merge/conjoin/become as one, The better it will be. NOTE.... That is not going to happen as far as I know. But the images at fanart.tv and the show info at thetvdb.com are second to none. The day all that info is held in one easy system, The better it will be.

So does that mean because it is free then we should accept it's lack of functionality? I appreciate that it is free but seeing as how the 'community' is the one adding all this information, banners, backgrounds and so on, I think we should at least be able to approach the admins and say "Pardon me, there is a problem with this entry, might I change it?" without being told "nah you'd just screw it up anyway!". The information on this scraper is very much community driven and a lot of people have spent a lot of time and effort to make it what it is so I do think the people get the right to speak their mind.

It's free as in free beer but not free in any other manner, that's the problem
(2013-03-23, 17:23)takoi Wrote: It's free as in free beer but not free in any other manner, that's the problem

LOL please take no offense takoi but I don't get what your saying here Smile
He is saying that it is free in the way of you getting give something and not having to pay for it, but it isnt free in the way that they want your input.
So...
Her drink this beer for free but don't tell us how you think we can make the beer any better.
I don't think this scraper works anymore?
Can't seem to scrape Sons of Anarchy even though It's on the TV rage website.

(2012-10-10, 19:16)gbandit Wrote: Here's a couple alternative TV scrapers I whipped up a couple months ago:

TVRage.com: https://github.com/thebandit/xbmc_tvrage.../downloads

TheXEM.de (maps scene ep numbers to their tvdb counterparts): https://github.com/thebandit/xbmc_thexem.../downloads

This scraper doesn't work anymore?
(2013-08-17, 00:40)Fennec Wrote: I don't think this scraper works anymore?
Can't seem to scrape Sons of Anarchy even though It's on the TV rage website.

(2012-10-10, 19:16)gbandit Wrote: Here's a couple alternative TV scrapers I whipped up a couple months ago:

TVRage.com: https://github.com/thebandit/xbmc_tvrage.../downloads

TheXEM.de (maps scene ep numbers to their tvdb counterparts): https://github.com/thebandit/xbmc_thexem.../downloads

This scraper doesn't work anymore?

XEM in the official addon repo is the up to date and maintained one. You can select to use TVRage listing among others
Bug 
Ive had issues with TVDB for the last 3 days now, and the site has been quite unreliable the last few years anyway. Sure its free, but then again, the community of people updating the database is also supplying hours of free time to update (I update when I can and when its not denied by the admins, or shows that need changing but are locked off).

Is there a scraper for TVMaze, it seems so much better - the admins are easier to approach, understanding, the site stays up more often than TVDB and TVRage.

I suppose I shall have to learn some Python and program my own scraper?
(2016-09-16, 11:17)taoofrichard Wrote: Ive had issues with TVDB for the last 3 days now, and the site has been quite unreliable the last few years anyway. Sure its free, but then again, the community of people updating the database is also supplying hours of free time to update (I update when I can and when its not denied by the admins, or shows that need changing but are locked off).

Is there a scraper for TVMaze, it seems so much better - the admins are easier to approach, understanding, the site stays up more often than TVDB and TVRage.

I suppose I shall have to learn some Python and program my own scraper?

TVDB is a central point for hundreds if not thousands of programs...so it being down from time to time isnt that bad given the number of api hits it receives in a day.

TVMase is infant so you cant compare it to TVDB. Yes i do admit that the staff seems like they have sticks up there A** but given the amount of work and nonsense they must have to put up with, im not too surprise.

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Alternativ TV scraper to thetvdb.com, please.1