[REQUEST] Alternativ TV scraper to thetvdb.com, please.
Also please don't forget that there are hundreds of other applications using the database that want the correct official listings and don't care if the listings line up with scene releases (99 times out of 100 when a user trashes a record its because the episode they downloaded through usenet or torrent is a scene release and scene releases don't always follow the official listings)
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
All-thou they site is built with the option for different episode orders ex aired and dvd, I would think it easy to just make a separate community order. This would ensure the best possible user experience.
Alternative scrapers would probably limit the amount of flaming from the admin, calling people idiots/morons etc for trying to give them new ideas that could make the service better.

Scraper for TVrage or IMDB tv would solve most current issues with thetvdb.
Another example of how horrible this site is: Fringe season 2. I have the dvd in my hand and it says 23 episodes on the box! Still, some mod managed to lock it on 22 episodes in the the wrong order.

Anyway, thoughts on the tvrage.com listing? Any examples where it's inconsistent with, say scene releases or similar?
There's a scraper for epguides.com in the repo now. Basically c/p from thetvdb scraper except the episode listing. It doesn't magically fix everything but at least there's an alternative to thetvdb
What does make me giggle here is the fact that the scrapping sites like thetvdb.com are free to almost everybody, Yet some folks still can not be happy about it. And have to mouth off like they was robbed or it was the end of the world. If a tv listing is not to your liking. Then make your own .NFO files to suit your needs. I Myself am very thankful for the thetvdb.com. And the day when thetvdb.com and fanart.tv merge/conjoin/become as one, The better it will be. NOTE.... That is not going to happen as far as I know. But the images at fanart.tv and the show info at thetvdb.com are second to none. The day all that info is held in one easy system, The better it will be.
ofc people complain when the shit is broken and ppl dont want tu use it at all. u would do the same, just cause its free doesnt mean the users have to take all the shit developers throw at em. easy solution is to switch to another player or downgrade wich exactly whan im gonna do. xbmc11 without imdb scraper for tv shows? xbmc 11 is clearly a broken price of junk bloatware atm.
(2012-10-06, 19:51)foomie Wrote: ofc people complain when the shit is broken and ppl dont want tu use it at all. u would do the same, just cause its free doesnt mean the users have to take all the shit developers throw at em. easy solution is to switch to another player or downgrade wich exactly whan im gonna do. xbmc11 without imdb scraper for tv shows? xbmc 11 is clearly a broken price of junk bloatware atm.

You're banned now for being an asshole (not by me, someone beat me to it), but I'm confused as to why you are taking this out on XBMC? The only rage issue I see in this thread is at tvdb, not XBMC. If it was easy to make an IMDB scraper for TV shows then someone would have done it by now (last one broke around 4 years ago, and no one has been able to make it work since then).
ye sry for being an ass Wink isnt there any alternative to tvdb..... or ye fuck scrapers even
btw do u ban ip adresses or just users? because... =D
I'm loling for two reasons:
1. He comes back, says sorry and then curses again.
2. I honestly dont know what either of his posts mean.
(2012-10-06, 23:31)lolvpn Wrote: ye sry for being an ass Wink isnt there any alternative to tvdb..... or ye fuck scrapers even

If you write one.

note:
behave or we will keep banning you time and time again
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-10-06, 23:31)lolvpn Wrote: ye sry for being an ass Wink isnt there any alternative to tvdb..... or ye fuck scrapers even

Have you considered checking the addon browser if there is one? Because there is
The biggest issue is that we dont really have an alternative scraper to the TVDB atm. People arent happy because when they voice an opinion on there forum, they have a 70% chance to be rudely answered. I for one love XBMC and all the hard work that is put into such a great free software and i hope everyone can appreciate it as much i do. But it would be great if we could get alternative scrapers like TVrage or TV.com. I know Tvrage scraper was in the works in the past but it seemed to have not seen the light of day. Yes we could create our own NFO files, but thats not a realistic solution.

Also on a side note, it would be great if XBMC would have a Anime section that would use the anidb scraper and seperate Anime from TV shows so we dont have to create vplaylist Smile

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
it looks like using trakt.tv's API, we may be able to create a scraper (or possibly using the universal scraper as a template)... trakt.tv offers the api switch 'showsummary' and with the extended parameter included, it shows us tvdb id, tvrage id and imdb id... hopefully this info will help someone who knows what they are doing and could possibly make this all happen.
(2012-10-10, 06:23)saitoh183 Wrote: The biggest issue is that we dont really have an alternative scraper to the TVDB atm. People arent happy because when they voice an opinion on there forum, they have a 70% chance to be rudely answered. I for one love XBMC and all the hard work that is put into such a great free software and i hope everyone can appreciate it as much i do. But it would be great if we could get alternative scrapers like TVrage or TV.com. I know Tvrage scraper was in the works in the past but it seemed to have not seen the light of day. Yes we could create our own NFO files, but thats not a realistic solution.

Also on a side note, it would be great if XBMC would have a Anime section that would use the anidb scraper and seperate Anime from TV shows so we dont have to create vplaylist Smile

Look one post up. There is a scraper for epsguides.com, and epsguides.com = tvrage
Here's a couple alternative TV scrapers I whipped up a couple months ago:

TVRage.com: https://github.com/thebandit/xbmc_tvrage.../downloads

TheXEM.de (maps scene ep numbers to their tvdb counterparts): https://github.com/thebandit/xbmc_thexem.../downloads

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Alternativ TV scraper to thetvdb.com, please.1