• 1(current)
Series shows up in "Files" but not in "TV Shows"
I run XBMC 11 Eden on an AppleTV2 and streams content through my FTP server, (Windows2008). I use FTP because I previously had a buffering problem when sharing with SMB.

In XBMC's library. You have a few options, including:
  • Movies
  • TV Shows
  • Files
In the folder "TV Shows" metadata are presented as it should but some series won't appear. I can see the name of the series, which in this case is "Seinfeld" but when I enter it, there's no sub folders.

When I later on enter the "Files" folder all of the series are there but the metadata isn't presented as it should. There are no covers for the individual seasons or plots for the episodes.

Why is these two options so diffrent? Can I merge them somehow? Anyone who knows how to solve this?

xbmc.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=2764
xbmc.old.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=2765
So, it sounds like it's recognising your TV shows (which is scraped by the folder name), but it doesn't recognise your episodes. How are they named?

You should provide a debug log (wiki) of your scraping to see what's going on.
(2012-05-19, 15:22)DLeavy Wrote: So, it sounds like it's recognising your TV shows (which is scraped by the folder name), but it doesn't recognise your episodes. How are they named?

You should provide a debug log (wiki) of your scraping to see what's going on.

There. I edited topic with logs.

They are named like this: "Seinfeld Season 01 Episode 01 - The Seinfeld Chronicles.mkv" but why are they showing up in "Files" but not in "TV Shows"?
XBMC is expecting a different pattern for episode numbers. See Adding videos to the library (wiki) for examples of what it expects, as well as easy renaming tools.
(2012-05-19, 16:12)Ned Scott Wrote: XBMC is expecting a different pattern for episode numbers. See Adding videos to the library (wiki) for examples of what it expects, as well as easy renaming tools.

That's no reason for not showing up in the folder "TV Shows".
(2012-05-19, 17:10)dellhem Wrote:
(2012-05-19, 16:12)Ned Scott Wrote: XBMC is expecting a different pattern for episode numbers. See Adding videos to the library (wiki) for examples of what it expects, as well as easy renaming tools.

Yes it is. If you are referring to the TV Shows library path, that is not a files folder. Your episodes have to be properly scraped to be added to the library database so they will show up there.
(2012-05-19, 17:28)gabbott Wrote:
(2012-05-19, 17:10)dellhem Wrote:

Yes it is. If you are referring to the TV Shows library path, that is not a files folder. Your episodes have to be properly scraped to be added to the library database so they will show up there.

Oh, okey! The renaming program didn't quite work. It couldn't find the "real" name. Ember, on the other hand found all of the covers and plots and saved them to the Seinfeld directory but I still can't see anything in the XBMC TV Shows library.
(2012-05-19, 18:23)dellhem Wrote:
(2012-05-19, 17:28)gabbott Wrote:
(2012-05-19, 17:10)dellhem Wrote: That's no reason for not showing up in the folder "TV Shows".

Oh, okey! The renaming program didn't quite work. It couldn't find the "real" name. Ember, on the other hand found all of the covers and plots and saved them to the Seinfeld directory but I still can't see anything in the XBMC TV Shows library.

Have you updated the library (context menu... update library) so the episodes can get imported into your library?
(2012-05-19, 18:34)gabbott Wrote:
(2012-05-19, 18:23)dellhem Wrote:
(2012-05-19, 17:28)gabbott Wrote: Yes it is. If you are referring to the TV Shows library path, that is not a files folder. Your episodes have to be properly scraped to be added to the library database so they will show up there.

Have you updated the library (context menu... update library) so the episodes can get imported into your library?
I have xbmc on my apple tv2 for only a few weeks ...
I have read a lot about the program and learned a lot here ..
but today when reinstalled xbmc and added the same files I had before
file with the movie was how it was before.
but I did not have the same luck with the files on tv shows I had to add all the show one by one ..
do not know what caused the problem since I have all the files the same way
any idea

(2012-05-19, 19:11)ganbyt Wrote:
(2012-05-19, 18:34)gabbott Wrote:
(2012-05-19, 18:23)dellhem Wrote: Oh, okey! The renaming program didn't quite work. It couldn't find the "real" name. Ember, on the other hand found all of the covers and plots and saved them to the Seinfeld directory but I still can't see anything in the XBMC TV Shows library.

I have xbmc on my apple tv2 for only a few weeks ...
I have read a lot about the program and learned a lot here ..
but today when reinstalled xbmc and added the same files I had before
file with the movie was how it was before.
but I did not have the same luck with the files on tv shows I had to add all the show one by one ..
do not know what caused the problem since I have all the files the same way
any idea

How does your problem apply to this topic?
(2012-05-19, 18:34)gabbott Wrote: Have you updated the library (context menu... update library) so the episodes can get imported into your library?

Yes I have. It won't appear. The file names are still the same a before since theRenamer didn't work. Is this also a problem or do XBMC only need the scrapping? Just to clearify; scrapping is metadata, right? Tongue
Scraping is what happens when you do a library update and xbmc gets the metadata (whether local or from a site) and adds it to the library.

Perhaps grab a full debug log while doing a library update.
(2012-05-19, 20:36)gabbott Wrote: Scraping is what happens when you do a library update and xbmc gets the metadata (whether local or from a site) and adds it to the library.

Perhaps grab a full debug log while doing a library update.

Debug: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=2809

To big?

I manually changed the name on the first episode to "Seinfeld.s01e01.mkv" and it works like a charm =) The problem now is that there's nine seasons incorrectly named and none of the renaming tools in the wiki works. Do you have a tip?
(2012-05-20, 12:45)dellhem Wrote: I manually changed the name on the first episode to "Seinfeld.s01e01.mkv" and it works like a charm =) The problem now is that there's nine seasons incorrectly named and none of the renaming tools in the wiki works. Do you have a tip?

Are they all named like this? "Seinfeld Season 01 Episode 01 - The Seinfeld Chronicles.mkv"

If so, you could just use a file renaming program. For windows I like Bulk rename utility

That particular program has a ton of options but you could just do a couple replaces and have your files in better shape. For example, have it look for "Seinfeld Season " and replace with "Seinfeld.s"

Then do one more, have it look for " Episode " (make note of the spaces) and replace with "e"

You would then end up with a file name of "Seinfeld.s01e01 - The Seinfeld Chronicles.mkv"
HI there

I had the same problem.

Just rename the files and everything will be ok.

I changed them to , for example:

s01e01
s01e02

Bye!
Hi people,

I have the same problem described in this thread, except that the files are correctly named from the beginning.
I have a folder of a specific show which has seasons subfolders containing episodes names s0xe0y.title
All my shows are named like that. And I use media companion to get all arts and .nfo
All shows work well, except one which, as described, is visible in Files but when looking in shows library, the show is listed but with 0 episodes...

what should I do/look for to understand why they're not loading in the library ?

extra info: when I highlight the show with problem in the tv shows, it shows "55" instead of the show title. and in the info pane, most is missing, except rating & year which are displayed, other info are missing even if present in the .nfo

/TJ
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Series shows up in "Files" but not in "TV Shows"0