Exit full screen visualization mode
Does anyone know how to exit full screen visualization mode using an IR remote? It used to be (back in camalot i think) that the teletext button on a media center remote would do this (just like the display button on the dvd remote on xbmc for xbox). It stopped working at some point and I can't figure out how to exit visualizations. That means I can't enqueue additional music to the now playing list without stopping what is playing so that I can exit the visualizations. Incidentally, from the android remote, I can still do this (with the display button like the old xbox dvd remote). Any help is much appreciated.
Did you solve this? I have same problem

Thanks
Just map a button to FullScreen action. I use it quite a lot. It will toggle between audio/video fullscreen and where you were last. For example in userdata/keymaps/remote.xml:

Code:
<record>FullScreen</record>
I'm so confused lol.

If I press the TAB key on a keyboard this toggles XBMC in and out of fullscreen mode (whilst playing music etc) I am using the default XBMC skin btw. I would like a button on my MCE remote control that does the same thing.

I followed this guide here to get the MCE remote control working with my HTTPC case which has a Soundgraph IR/VFD.

I tried editing the .xbmc/userdata/Lircmap.xml file and I added this line: <tab>KEY_DELETE</tab>

KEY_DELETE is the Clear button on the MCE remote control, I rebooted but the clear button is not doing anything.

<lircmap>
<remote device="linux-input-layer">
<altname>cx23885_remote</altname>
<altname>devinput</altname>
<start>KEY_MEDIA</start>
<title>KEY_EPG</title>
<one>KEY_NUMERIC_1</one>
<two>KEY_NUMERIC_2</two>
<three>KEY_NUMERIC_3</three>
<four>KEY_NUMERIC_4</four>
<five>KEY_NUMERIC_5</five>
<six>KEY_NUMERIC_6</six>
<seven>KEY_NUMERIC_7</seven>
<eight>KEY_NUMERIC_8</eight>
<nine>KEY_NUMERIC_9</nine>
<zero>KEY_NUMERIC_0</zero>
<star>KEY_NUMERIC_STAR</star>
<hash>KEY_NUMERIC_POUND</hash>
<tab>KEY_DELETE</tab>
</remote>
</lircmap>

I don't currently have a keyboard.xml file in the /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata not sure what that is for or if I need one?

Also this folder: /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps is currently empty I cant see a remote.xml file

The user guide I followed also has this file: /lib/udev/rc_keymaps/imon_mce

I don't know which file I am meant to be editing as I said its confusing.

Thanks
OK I created a new remote.xml now when I press the record button it does toggle in and out of fullscreen. (Kinda)

Remote,xml file contents:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <remote>
      <record>FullScreen</record>
    </remote>
  </global>
  <fullscreenvideo>
    <remote>
      <record>Fullscreen</record>
    </remote>
  </fullscreenvideo>
</keymap>

However I have a big issue with some buttons on the MCE remote control outputting twice, so if I run irw and press the record button I get two output lines (double presses) and then it doesn't work properly in the XBMC UI. Think I need to disable something for LIRC in the Kernel ? I'm using Ubuntu 12.10 minimal.

xbmc@xbmc01:~$ irw
00000000800100a7 00 KEY_RECORD devinput
00000000800100a7 00 KEY_RECORD devinput

Thanks

(2013-02-23, 10:54)odt_x Wrote: Just map a button to FullScreen action

Also where can I find a list of actions as you called it, So I can see what else I might like to tweak.

Thank you.
I also have this Double Press problem on other buttons on the remote like the Guide / EPG button.

When in certain areas of XBMC if you press the Guide button it is meant to bring up the Context Menu (Like right mouse click).

However I get a double output in irw

xbmc@xbmc01:~$ irw
000000008001016d 00 KEY_EPG devinput
000000008001016d 00 KEY_EPG devinput

And it makes the context menu flash up and then disappear from the screen because of the double press. This is currently my biggest problem with the remote control.

Thanks
Sad 
I found a couple of threads about disabling the LIRC Kernel stuff

http://www.pcmediacenter.com.au/forum/to...ntry309126

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=116515

However when I run the command they suggest:

Code:
sudo su
echo lirc > /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols

My remote control stops working altogether.

I was hoping running this command would resolve the double press issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Exit full screen visualization mode0