Chapters in MKV
I'm having a bit of an issue getting chapters to work as expected. Well.. they WORK, but not well. I've ripped a bluray of mine and copied the chapters from it into the resulting MKV, but the timecodes are just ever so slightly off. I will jump forward a chapter and see a single frame from the previous scene before it switches to the intended scene. Is there a way I can see exactly what time XBMC is at so I can adjust them? I've tried programs like avidemux and virtualdub, yet the frame that is bleeding through is BEFORE the time that the chapter is pointing at.

For example: I have a chapter at 00:04:08.748. This catches a frame from the previous scene. But that frame is at like 00:04:08:290 according to virtualdub.

Also, I wonder if this is an issue with xbmc, h264, or something else entirely - but some chapters that I jump to (and it's 100% consistent) will cause frame skipping at the beginning before it smooths out. Audio seems to be perfect, but the video has to try to catch up to the audio. Not sure if that description will make much sense, but I wonder if anybody knows how to alleviate this. Is it an encoding issue, or improper chapter locations? This doesn't seem to happen when I jump forward or backward 30 seconds at a time.
What program are you ripping with?

I'm using MeGUI with some very high x264 customizations.
I wonder if it's because the chapters are not landing on I-frames?
Nevermind the first part - I solved it, but I don't know why it happened. The source m2ts file was showing the frame at 00:04:08:290, but the re-encoded mkv file has the frame at 00:04:08.749. I can adjust the timecodes now so that it appears correct. But that shouldn't have happened since I encoded the video at 23.976. All I did was trim off like 5 seconds from the end of it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chapters in MKV0