Linux Flac music playback skips occasionally
Hi all,

I have a rather large library of music in flac format on my htpc (zotac ion based, running eden on ubuntu 11.10, playing through an onkyo 508), but if I play a couple of albums one after the other the music skips a second every few songs. Any idea what may cause this? Memory issues? The cpu not keeping up with decoding the music? Heat issues maybe? How can I find out the cause, no idea which log files to look in.
Possibly related issue: whenever I start playing music, the first 2 seconds are cut off. Could be the onkyo (need to check if this happens with headphones as well), but maybe the issue is related.
hey Smile

turn on debugging, recreate the issue, check the log, use pastebin, post link to debug log on forum.
(2012-05-20, 12:27)gobbledigook Wrote: hey Smile

turn on debugging, recreate the issue, check the log, use pastebin, post link to debug log on forum.

Thanks,

Obviously, Murphy's law struck again, and the problem didn't occur for a while Laugh. Anyway, now it did, so I have a debug log to post. The problem seems to be situated here:
Code:
20:28:57 T:2857368432 WARNING: CALSADirectSound::GetSpace - get space failed. err: -32 (Broken pipe)
Any ideas what could cause this?

P.S. The audio gap at the beginning of an album I talked about is caused by the Onkyo. Apparently if the receiver doesn't get any audio input for a while over the HDMI link, it shuts down its audio circuit. So when playback starts, the amp needs to start up and so on. Annoying, but unrelated to this problem here.

Bump. Anyone?
Try a nightly with AudioEngine - complete re-write, and it sends a continuous stream (even when silent) so your Onkyo shouldn't disconnect
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Flac music playback skips occasionally0