how much psu power do i need ?!
hey everyone,

im about to build my first htpc for xbmx and so i have just one question Smile
to be serious i got no clue how much power the psu need and all cases i like already have a build-in psu. there is one lian-li case with a build in 125 watt psu and im wondering if this enough to power an amd a8-3850 cpu and a 64gb corsair ssd?

thanks for your opinion Smile
(2012-05-20, 18:53)SushiMo Wrote: hey everyone,

im about to build my first htpc for xbmx and so i have just one question Smile
to be serious i got no clue how much power the psu need and all cases i like already have a build-in psu. there is one lian-li case with a build in 125 watt psu and im wondering if this enough to power an amd a8-3850 cpu and a 64gb corsair ssd?

thanks for your opinion Smile
With intensive task, it can peak higher than 150W.......it will be safer to go with PSU higher than 150W........

If you prefer Lian Li with PSU, this "LIAN LI Black Aluminum PC-Q15B" might be your best choice.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
thanks for your advice. i think i go for a silverstorm sugo case with build-in 450W psu. this should be enough, even if i put another hdd inside Wink
(2012-05-20, 20:29)SushiMo Wrote: thanks for your advice. i think i go for a silverstorm sugo case with build-in 450W psu. this should be enough, even if i put another hdd inside Wink
Or, the Sugo 300W should be enough......and it's a very good case......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Which Lian-Li case has a 125W PSU? Some of the new models have a 300W SFX PSU in them.
yah, it was a 150w psu.i was talking about the pc-q09fb model.
my mistake.

the new pc-q12b with build-in 300w psu looks really interesting.
also the new pc-q25b cube case which comes with 5 hot-swap slots but without psu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how much psu power do i need ?!0