How to correct erroneous scraped library titles?
There are occasions when XBMC scrapes the incorrect title for a movie or documentary.

I have not been able to find out how to correct those erroneous entries.
With almost all music software I know, it's quite easy to adjust those, but with XBMC I can't find any option to edit those at all? (I'm a XBMC newbie though)
There must be some possibilty to e.g. enter the correct IMDB id number manually somewhere?
Or at least edit the library title and cover picture?
Select the item to be corrected and press 'i' to bring up the info screen, then select refresh and you should be presented with a list of all matches found by the scraper, pick the right one if it's there, or press the Manual button and type in the correct title to search for if it's not.

Alternatively, you can add an .nfo file into the movie folder with a link to the imdb page for the correct movie (and then refresh as above).
Ah, I feel a little dumb.

Thnx scudlee!
If all fails and you're a bit savvy use SQLiteSpy - be careful though.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Thnx DDDamian, looks interesting, will give that a shot when refreshing doesn't resolve things.
The method through bringing up the info screen is sometimes not helpful.
For some titles it just keeps popping up the virtual keyboard, while the movie title and year are correct.
Is there a way to bypass this?

Quite frustrating when you know the title and year are correct, and IMDB has an IMDB number for it.
Is there really no easy way to just enter the correct IMDB number somewhere?
Try typing the imdb id in there.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Also tried that but it didn't work, untill I realised it was scraping The MovieDB instead of IMDB...
Working now, thnx jmarshall.

As beautiful as the interface of XMBC is for viewing and browsing on plasma/lcd, I think it would really be quite useful to have a faster and more detailed 'desktop' view for maintanance and editing.
The default interface feels not realy suited and a little too sluggish and cumbersome for this.

Loving the rest of this beautiful piece of software though ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to correct erroneous scraped library titles?0