A6-3500 resolution problems
I'm running ubuntu 12.04 on a A6-3500, A75M-ITX & 4gb RAM. Problem is the image is not full screen there is an black inch border around the outside, even on the desktop.

I can overcome this by changing the Overscan to 100% in the catalyst control. This give me a full screen desktop and full screen VLC playback. It also on launching XBMC give me full screen menus but when I play a video it has the black border in the full screen. Even if I increase the zoom the screen size does not increase. The strange thing is if while in full screen I press exit the videos plays in true full screen with the menus in front of it. As I said before it works in VLC, what have I done wrong? XBMC res 1920x1080

Also when I do video calibration in XBMC with no video playing I can set it to the edge of the screen. But when a video is playing and I go to video calibration it will only allow me to go to the edge of the border not the full screen.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum.
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
Probably because you set the Overscan at 60hz but when you start a Video xbmc switches to 24hz.

You can just change to 24hz in Ubuntu and then adjust the Overscan to fit the screen. After that you can switch back to 60hz and it should keep the overscan when it changes to 24hz.
thank you! Just adding to your rep Smile
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-3500 resolution problems0