Linux SMB timeouts causing lockups - Alpha 12
I'm running into a new behavior since the Ae merge that's causing me some grief. I have a NAS that spins down drives when they aren't being used (unRAID). In the past when I've attempted to access those directories I would often get a timeout message from XBMC telling me that the server wasn't responding as the drive spun up. Now instead XBMC simply freezes up and when I kill the process I have an error message in my console window stating that the SMB server stopped responding. I get this error primarily when I attempt to access the directories that media resides in. For instance if I select "HD-DVD" for my HD videos I may get a directory listing but attempting to open any of these directories to watch a video results in a hang. This is with my using the Files view. In some cases when I can get into the directory and attempt to access the file I can get the normal timeout. In the past I used to sometimes get two timeout messages and I seem to recall previously getting the "working" spinner - not so any more.

Has the SMB behavior been changed recently? The error handler that used to catch these errors seems to have gone missing from the directory level at least. Anyone else seeing this?
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB timeouts causing lockups - Alpha 120