Win a plugin to use DVBViewer with xbmc?
Video 
Hello all,

I finally decided to call the XBMC community about the possibility of developing a plugin to use the PVR features of DVBViewer with XBMC.

It seems to me (although I am not a programmer) that all the necessary tools are available: COM interface, Recording Service API, it is actually only find one or more developers who want to embark on this adventure.

As I said above, I am not a developer, but I am prepared to provide all necessary assistance (within the limits of my skills) to anyone who wants to start this project.

I believe this would involve the two best multimedia software that I know.

PS: sorry for my English, I'm a French guy and google is my friend
Just to add my 2 cent on this one.

I think it really is a must have, as a lot of other backends are not mature engough - compared to DVBviewer - plus it gives windows users the option to have everything up and running on a single machine. Wondering why this hasn´t been started already.

If there is a chance to assist I would also be there to help. If I had more time and knowledge I would go on my own, but for know I just can wait and see if someone catches up with that one.

And NO - MePo is not an option as it is a piece of crap compared to dvbviewer.

Cheers,

h3ll
no one else interested ?
I use XBMC and and DVBViewer as separate Apps every Day on my Media PC.
DVBViewer is the best DVB Software for Windows available.

It would be cool, if there were a pvr addon for XBMC that uses the DVBViewer Recording Service
knock knock
(2012-07-09, 16:39)hansdampf Wrote: I use XBMC and and DVBViewer as separate Apps every Day on my Media PC.

It would be cool, if there were a pvr addon for XBMC that uses the DVBViewer Recording Service

Short Question: I will setup something similar soon:

XBMC Launches dvbviewer / dvbviewer launches XBMC

Are you stopping the apps or do you minimize them?
(2012-09-04, 21:42)thica Wrote:
(2012-07-09, 16:39)hansdampf Wrote: I use XBMC and and DVBViewer as separate Apps every Day on my Media PC.

Short Question: I will setup something similar soon:

XBMC Launches dvbviewer / dvbviewer launches XBMC

Are you stopping the apps or do you minimize them?

I'm looking for a similar solution, ideas?

Firstly, a PVR addon is now DVBViewer: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=140645

Then, if you prefer to use both programs, it is better to leave open DVBViewer stand by mode because it is long enough to raise.

Here is a french tutorial for it : http://dvbviewer.free.fr/forums/viewtopic.php?id=30
I am trying to setup something like that, but with xbmc open in background, dvbviewer dvb-s or dvb-t is unwatchable, no sound, no motion, one frame, pause, then a few frames, then pause...
when I quit xbmc, video is normal... any thoughts?
You have to use Advance Launcher (an addon for XBMC) and in the Settings/System/Video Output you have to choose "Use a fullscreen windows rather than true fullscreen".
(2012-10-23, 16:55)numa001 Wrote: You have to use Advance Launcher (an addon for XBMC) and in the Settings/System/Video Output you have to choose "Use a fullscreen windows rather than true fullscreen".

yes, that is what I also tried but result was the same I'm afraid with both settings
Also you can choose to close xbmc instead of leaving it in the background. You can add a command line in dvbviewer to launch xbmc with a shortcut or in the menu.
I thought I left a comment... anyway:
I finally got it working by choosing different audio renderer - it was on system default - in both xbmc and dvbviewer and no problems at all...
they are both working flawlessly with no chopping or stuttering without closing xbmc... I am now thinking I should have both open all the time, and on stop in dvbviewer just switch to xbmc, ultra fast tv Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
a plugin to use DVBViewer with xbmc?0