Funny Staples story
Big Grin 
Last week I went to my local Staples store to see if they had SATA cables and and any PowerLine devices.
The only associate available was helping and elderly gentleman with the desktop computers.
I couldn't help but listen in to the conversation,..it went like this:

Staple's Rep: Sir, this is the best computer and monitor you can buy. It has HDMI, 6 USB ports, 3 of which are USB 3.0, an eSATA port, a HUGE 500GB internal hard drive which you'll be hard pressed to EVER fill up,..the CPU is a quad processor that can do 500 million (I honestly forget what number he said because I was almost laughing out loud at this point) computation per second, and it comes with a 6 month warranty. Plus this really awesome High Definition Monitor that you can use to watch movies.

Elderly Gentlemen: Well, all I really want to use it for is to do my taxes and play solitaire or some other games like that. Can this computer also show pictures?

At this point I had to walk away since I could not contain myself.
Now here's what killed me:

So, I when "Mr. Computer Genius SalesDude" was done, I walked over and asked him the following:

Me: Do you have any SATA cables, and do you have PowerLine devices.

SalesDude: Ummmm,..let's see, I think they're over here,..nope, they must be here,..umm,...nope, we don't have SATA cables.

Me: What about PowerLince devices?

SalesDude: Well,..let's see,..ummm,..power cords should be here,..ummm,..nope,..we don't carry power cords.

Me: No, not power cables,..PowerLine devices.

SalesDude: (Blank Look on his face)

Me: Do you know what a PowerLine device isHuh?

SalesDude: Ummmm,..no.

Me: Don't worry about it (and then I walked out)

Since a coworker Highly Recommended these with his HTPC
ZyXEL PLA401v3 HomePlug AV 200 Mbps Powerline Wall-plug Adapter (Starter Kit - 2 units), I ordered them as soon as I got back home.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Funny Staples story0