which version of nox is more compatable with frodo?
Hi guys, I wouldn't normally use nightly versions of XBMC, but it's audioengine feature is needed with my new setup (digital audio, AE keeps the sound active without the digital going to sleep, or so I am told.)

I know nox isn't made for frodo, but is 3.0 usable on frodo? I really need the AE feature, and nox is the only skin I like. Such a situation I have here!

Someone told me to ask about pvr spam bug or something, is that fixed? not a clue about the bug myself.
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
(2012-05-22, 15:51)Death-Axe Wrote: Hi guys, I wouldn't normally use nightly versions of XBMC, but it's audioengine feature is needed with my new setup (digital audio, AE keeps the sound active without the digital going to sleep, or so I am told.)

I know nox isn't made for frodo, but is 3.0 usable on frodo? I really need the AE feature, and nox is the only skin I like. Such a situation I have here!

Someone told me to ask about pvr spam bug or something, is that fixed? not a clue about the bug myself.

what pvr spam bug?
we didn´t pay attention to frodo yet, and so we don´t know how well it works. just try and report.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Personally I've been working with Aeon Nox 3.0 GIT and Frodo nightly versions the last couple of weeks without any significant problems. A couple of issues I've noticed are:
- The poster does not show up during pause.
- Navigation: Cannot move UP to access the actors' name and the Metadata script in the MovieInformation window.
Hi guys - I referred Death-Axe here - the bug/issue referred to shows up in a few threads, and I've seen it in many logs from users who use the Aeon skin or its variants. There's a thread here among others. Not sure if it's a specific variant or build it's showing up on, but it appears to be searching for pvr controls and not finding them, so repeated log entries are generated.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-05-22, 16:23)DDDamian Wrote: Hi guys - I referred Death-Axe here - the bug/issue referred to shows up in a few threads, and I've seen it in many logs from users who use the Aeon skin or its variants. There's a thread here among others. Not sure if it's a specific variant or build it's showing up on, but it appears to be searching for pvr controls and not finding them, so repeated log entries are generated.

we´re only using pvrmanager.enabled for three conditional includes (which only get checked once), so this shouldn´t be a problem here.
And Mq3 really hasn´t much to do with Nox anymore Wink
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Thx phil65 Wink
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-05-22, 16:34)phil65 Wrote: And Mq3 really hasn´t much to do with Nox anymore Wink

(2012-05-22, 16:51)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-05-22, 16:34)phil65 Wrote: And Mq3 really hasn´t much to do with Nox anymore Wink

never had, sorry. lol.
Just gave it a whirl with latest master - no issues - worked fine Smile Looks like that issue may just have been with Mq3
Nox 2.0 working fine with the latest, yup! thank you to all for the help!
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
Nox 3.0, tv fan art is not showing at all. And in both 2.0 and 3.0 movie covers are taking longer to show up. Not sure why!
(2012-05-22, 23:13)Death-Axe Wrote: Nox 3.0, tv fan art is not showing at all. And in both 2.0 and 3.0 movie covers are taking longer to show up. Not sure why!

because they are nightly build and things aren't optimized yet.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Ah ok :-) as with the new development cycle being monthly, will the may snapshot be optimized? Thanks guys.
(2012-05-23, 00:13)Death-Axe Wrote: Ah ok :-) as with the new development cycle being monthly, will the may snapshot be optimized? Thanks guys.

perhaps. probably
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
You guys are awesome :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
which version of nox is more compatable with frodo?1